To those with struggling with the fungus, I am hear to tell you that this medication does work. I have had fungus on my left toenail ever since I could remember. I would never want to show my feet and I would always use my right foot to cover my left so that nobody could see the horror of my thick ass yellow toenail. It was so embarrassing!!! And then it began to worsen through the years because I...

I used this topical solution for about one and a half years. Each time the nails started to show signs of improvement, an in-grown toe nail would develop on each big toe that would require removal by the podiatrist. The ingrown nails became so painful, I could barely walk--even to go to the podiatrist. No one informed me of potential, temporary, debilitating side effects of this topical medica...

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | Patient
2/3/2019
Condition: Fungal Disease of the Nails
Beautiful BigToe | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/27/2019
Condition: Fungal Disease of the Nails

I developed this nail fungus on my big toe when I was pregnant eighteen years ago. I couldn’t take Lamisil at that time & wouldn’t take it after delivery of my child to preserve my own health. I’d rather have an ugly toe and good health than a beautiful toe and a damaged liver! In February, 2018, my dermatologist prescribed Penlac. It’s been great since day one! I’d tried to use hydrotherapy before learning of Penlac, but it was working way too slow with way too much effort (time consuming.) After one week of Penlac, the pink that the hydrotherapy had slowly given me took off! For the first six months, I didn’t know to file down the thick part of my nail. Armed with this knowledge, the healing rate has increased more. Today I re-reread the instructions & learned that I should allow the lacquer to contact the skin around the nail as well & not wash for eight hours after application! ??????? At this point my nail looks 85% normal. With my present knowledge of the proper usage of Penlac by this summer, I should have a BeautifulBigToe! ?? ?? ??

Jayce | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/2/2018
Condition: Fungal Disease of the Nails

10 toes effected by nail fungus, black, crumbly, and unsightly. When used as directed, this works great, but slowly! Patience is a virtue! You must remember to file your nail down each week when you remove the Penlac! This is critical! Clip as much infected nail away that you can without pain, then file the nail as thin as possible. Sterilize the tools you used on your toes or you will only reinfect yourself. Please remember that you MUST throw away all of your shoes and socks and replace them every 3 month during treatment! Fungus lives in your shoes and will continue to come back if you donâ??t follow this step! I also purchased a steri-shoe device to fight fungus in the shoes I had replaced, but still continued to replace them every 3 months. Copper threaded socks are supposed to help fight fungus and increase blood circulation to the area, speeding up healing time. Fungus canâ??t thrive well in copper threaded socks. Wash socks alone in high temp water with borax and ammonia along with your regular detergent. Dry twice. Fungus sticks to the slightest bit of moisture. I also purchased defense essential oil soap which has fungus fighting properties and washed my feet with that daily! Itâ??s been over a year and 8 of my 10 toes are completely healed. My big toes were the worst, but they are about 75% healed. Iâ??m guessing 6 more months of Penlac and they will be 100%! This is a lot of work, but it does work! Do it right and you will be thrilled with your results!

Some12beKJ | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
7/19/2017
Condition: Fungal Disease of the Nails

2nd time my doctor has prescribed it, totally ineffective, and as a matter of fact, my fungal infection has gotten worse this time around. I have sked my doctor for an alternative medication. Don't waste your money.

Kara52 | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/28/2017
Condition: Fungal Disease of the Nails

Toenail fungus ALWAYS comes back. Right now, Penlac is keeping things from getting worse. Have not used it but a couple of months. Did use Lamasil 2x and it worked well, but it came back. Finally, a friend told me it always comes back. If you can get rid of it with Lamasil, then diligently use Penlac or another topical 1-2x week as a preventative.