Today was only my second day of usage, and it has reduced my urination significantly. But I am now worried that i might be retaining urine! How can I tell?

Frustrated | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/19/2022
Condition: Overactive Bladder

The first week I took this was truly a miracle! Then the constipation I experienced was beyond AWFUL! Medication stopped working. Stuck it out for about 4 months, switched back to Myrbetriq, and the constipation is gone. Been on so many different meds and nothing really helping much anymore. Myrbetriq is better than nothing at this point.

Ron | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/2/2022
Condition: Overactive Bladder

This medication made my condition much much worse. Have stopped the drug and back to Vesicare. I do not recommend Gemtesa!

Garry | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/20/2022
Condition: Overactive Bladder

On the third day I experienced the same constipation that I’ve gotten from other meds. Had to stop taking and was back to normal in a day. This message is new so it isn’t covered by insurance. It costs over $500.00 per month.

Daughter | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
6/17/2022
Condition: Overactive Bladder

My mother has been taking this medication for about 2 months. She has now experienced urine retention and was admitted to hospital because it caused acute kidney disease. She is now using a catheter and has stopped taking medication on 6/11/22. Does anyone know how long it will take before she's able to urinate again on my own? The Urologist couldn't answer that question for me.

Anne | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/12/2022
Condition: Overactive Bladder

I was taking this med for OAB. It caused feet to swell but worse urine retention to the point that urologist wanted me to self Catherization which I refuse. I have immediately stopped this med since even on the Gemtesa site it’s mentioned the most serious side effect is urinary retention. I didn’t have this problem prior to taking Gemtesa.

Anne | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/15/2022
Condition: Overactive Bladder

Gemtessa significantly reduced urination but caused swelling in my feet. Even with taking Gemtessa daily, had major urine accidents through pads, underwear and pants. I am done with this medication.

Beka | Transgender | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/31/2022
Condition: Overactive Bladder

I cannot tell that this medicine has slowed down my urge incontinence at all. I am SO frustrated.

Jan | 65-74 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/26/2022
Condition: Overactive Bladder

When I first began using this medication, I found relief from my OAB. Now, about one year later, I think it is not working as well. My symptoms have returned and I am back to using pads and multiple layers of undies.

Gloria | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/17/2022
Condition: Needing to Urinate Immediately

Great response on second day. I take a combination blood pressure pill with a diuretic. I’m able to find a bathroom in time and eventually stopped wearing incontinent products depending on my location.

jlow | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/13/2022
Condition: Overactive Bladder

While this medication did work to stop my OAB symptoms, after taking it for 2 weeks my whole body and scalp were itching. I began losing TONS of hair every day. Like handfuls of hair were suddenly falling out. As soon as I realized it was the medication, I stopped taking it and my hair loss also slowed down almost immediately. Be very careful with this medication!

Hanh Nguyen | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/9/2021
Condition: Overactive Bladder

After used this sample for just a week. It really help me compare with some OAB drugs I use before.

Salim | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month |