After finally being diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome after 12 years of not knowing why I had severe dry eyes and no saliva, Evoxac has worked wonders. It has significantly increased my tears and somewhat for my saliva. I've heard of side effects others have complained about such as dizziness and vision problems, but I'd rather have the tears and saliva than those minor effects.

I've only been on it a little over a month, and started out taking it just 2 times a day, dr & I were concerned about stomach probs, so I decided to do that He said might have stomach 'pain', but it's nausea and loss of appetite I'm noticing, more sweating which was already a problem, but it makes my mouth feel so much better, I don't want to stop. So my questions are - do those side effects somet...

Chevyjo | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/16/2021
Condition: Dry Mouth Secondary to Sjogren's Syndrome

I started out taking 2x/day even tho Dr suggested 3x/day. I did as recommended & took before meals. Noticed a change in saliva increase within days & am lucky I’ve had no bothersome side effects. I finally increased to the 3x/day about every 7-8 hrs & it works well for me. If I eat before I take it tho, I notice it doesn’t work as well. My nose runs upon occasion & I get too much saliva at times but worth it over the constant dry mouth & eyes!

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | Patient
11/5/2020

Entirely too expensive. No thanks

sstewymom | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/2/2019
Condition: Dry Mouth Secondary to Sjogren's Syndrome

After taking one pill, I experienced severe dizziness and nausea. I couldn't keep anything in my stomach. I vomited several times and had to go lay down and take a nap. Once I woke up, I felt a bit better. I also experienced excessive sweating. I woke take this medicine. I'll just chew gum and deal with dry mouth.

htown | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/10/2018
Condition: Dry Mouth Secondary to Sjogren's Syndrome

I have been taking cevimeline hcl 30 mg for about three days and it has been awful,some how it aggravated my acid refux,that made my thorax really sore, I could not eat anything other than soup.

Anonymous | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/14/2017
Condition: Dry Mouth Secondary to Sjogren's Syndrome

Although this medicine can help with dry mouth from Sjogrens, it caused me extreme and excessive sweating. I did not know the cause since I took other medicines and had to take the time for the process of elimination by switching my other medicines. My health insurance gave me this generic drug instead of Evoxac which I used to take. Finally found out that it was the Cevimeline when I switched back to the Brand name of the drug Evoxac. No more sweating. DO NOT TAKE CEVIMELINE if you can take Evoxac.