I have been taking Evoxac for dry mouth due to Sjogren's syndrome for a couple of years. I started out taking it once or twice a day, but now take it 3 times daily, as the effect does not last long. I try to take it with food, because on an empty stomach it kicks in very quickly and powerfully--too much effect at once! It is only helpful for 2-4 hours after each dose, but better than nothing. I ha...

My energy level drops to zero in less than 1 hour of taking evoxac, stay nauseous which causes me to over eat and the RX helps my sore mouth but the side effects over ride any benefits. I gained 10 lbs. before i realized i was eating to keep from throwing up.

Zpack115 | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
7/26/2015
Condition: Dry Mouth Secondary to Sjogren's Syndrome

Was very effective used it for about 8 months an then i developed an allergy to it... Caused : " Throat Swelling " Felt like i couldnt breath an felt that my throat was closing off. I tried it again June 13th 2015 took it daily for about 4 days an then after that i had my reaction... swelling in/on throat an so i have stopped taking it. But i did like it, It gave me relief from severe dry mouth.

alaska | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
5/19/2015
Condition: Dry Mouth Secondary to Sjogren's Syndrome

My nose runs constantly and I get chills but it helps.

Swaat | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
10/30/2014
Condition: Dry Mouth Secondary to Sjogren's Syndrome

This helps me to not have cotton mouth. It is amazing. I refilled it over the weekend and couldn't get it right away. I had to go two days without it. I was doing fine, but after two days I am getting the super dry mouth and tongue. Looking forward to starting it back up! It is expensive, but it works wonders!!!

Jackie | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/14/2014
Condition: Dry Mouth Secondary to Sjogren's Syndrome

I have had so many side effects that are bothersome I have tried quitting several times. I have to return to the mrdicine to get relief

LuckyNow | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/2/2013
Condition: Dry Mouth Secondary to Sjogren's Syndrome

I've been using this for several years now with excellent results. Takes 2-6 weeks for it to reach its full affect. I use it in combination with Hydroclorothiazed 12.5 for Diabetes Insipitus and Sjogren's. If I get cramps from sweating I make sure my potasium intake is around 3,000 mg per day. After a month of 2 a day I start using N-A-C 500mg and vitamin C 1,000 mg for a month and reduce Evoxac and see if my saliva glands will work on their own again. If not, Keep taking Evoxac as long as need be.