I started taking minipress for PTSD, and have no side efects other than a slight dizzy feelng for a short time after taking the drug. It passes, and I m fine. I have had only a few panic attacks since on this medication, and they have been greatly deminished........

After two nights of taking this medication i had severe palpitations and completely passed out. I was taken off the medication after.

Prazosin | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/6/2021
Condition: Chronic Post Traumatic Stress Disorder with Trauma-related Nightmares

I take 2 mg of prazosin once daily before bedtime. I start a new job and I want to know if it's okay to go off of it since it is low dose as I don't want to take it before my shift at 10:00 p.m.. what are your suggestions?

Anonymous | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
1/9/2017

My boyfriend was diagnosed with Bi-polar disorder and also suffers from childhood trauma PTSD. The medication alone he was still having his manic stages and his lows, but once the doctor added the minipress to take at night with his seroquel quetiapine, it created wonders for us. He has been very stable after only 30 days and we hope this progresses through out time.

Kittybelle | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/14/2016

Experiencing PTSD-level night terrors after brain damage caused by another medication. Minipress stopped the dreams right away. Doctor initially wanted me on 5mg, but due to side effects (rapid heartbeat and swelling in legs and feet), had to back down to 3mg dose, and have had no side effects since then. This drug is amazing for treatment of the night terrors - down from 4-5 per night to once or twice a week.

jberg2011 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/21/2015

This has worked remarkably for me. I was having horrible nightmares. I was even trying to escape the nightmare physically. I couldn't believe that I didn't have any flashback nightmares anymore.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/3/2015

Diagnosed with Chronic PTSD and DR said to try this medication to assist my sleep and hyper vigilance. Small dose cause severe headache, heart palpitations and on second night, I passed out without notice and collapsed. While on drug, I was vague, unable to drive and could not effectively work or make meaningful conversations. After 4 days, I was taken off it and never used it again. Dr said I had one of the few % of people that has a severe adverse reaction.