Upon starting the third week of a severe sinus infection and bronchitus, I went to the doctor and was put on Biaxin XL. I started feeling better the next day. The only side effect was a slightly bad taste in my mouth. This medicine works great.

I had a yucky taste in my mouth,got very sweaty,seen black spots and felt like i was going to pass out.Also had headaches

urnman | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/26/2015

I only took two pills and after the second dose, I lost my hearing completely in one ear. I call my doctor and was told to stop taking it and I did. I now have permanent hearing loss in both ears and need to utilize hearing aids. I did not have hearing problems prior to taking this medication. Beware

hunnykins | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/11/2014
Condition: Pneumonia caused by Bacteria

ALL antibiotics can cause yeast infections and upset stomach. Unless you have a severe reaction (swelling, throat itch)then start learning to deal with some side effects. The result of getting sepsis from an infection is much worse. Biaxin has worked for me several times for pneumonia and severe sinus infection. It can cause a tinny taste in your mouth which is helped by drinking white grape juice.

honey1398 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/9/2014
Condition: Acute Maxillary Sinus H. Influenzae Bacteria Infection

side effects are lost 12 lbs in 2 days,diarhea,vomiting,dizziness.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
2/27/2014
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

No too good for sinus infections!

magginpa | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/15/2014
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

This medication may work for severe and acute sinus, I'm not sure haven't had any change yet.The horrid chemical taste in my mouth lasts approximately 8 to 9 hours after taking it and the sweating, as other posters here have mentioned, is noticeable. My hot flashes have come back with a vengeance while on this drug.