I was prescribed Zonegran for severe migraines.We had tried Topamax but I had several side effects to that medication. It took a while for us to regulate the amount of zonegran needed.I was taking 400-500 mgs daily. I lost 40 lbs, was nauseated, had difficulty concentrating.It was worth it to have control over the dibilitating migraines.My quality of life improved. After taking this medication for...

I have Severe Nerve Damage aqnd was taken off my Narcotis and put on this. I have EXTREMELY HIGH level pain in my lower spine, hips and down to my knees...... 30 minutes after taking this medicine I became EXTREMELY Hostile, ANGRY, AGGIATATED, Rapid Breathing. I only took 1 pill (25 mg.) Never took another one. This medicine is DANGEROUS!!! PLEASE be careful taking it!!!!!

Paul | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/14/2021

I began taking Zonegran 100mg twice daily for migraine prevention when I was 44-45. I am now 67 and still on same dosage. I don't recall any significant side effects, could possibly be a result of already taking Zoloft and Klonopin for panic/anxiety attacks. At the beginning the migraines occurred once or twice a week. Due to the affect on my eyesight, driving became stupid dangerous when they happened. Slowly it developed to where the migraines would occur once or twice a month, then every three months or so, six months, to eventually the current time. I have not had a migraine in over four years. Is this because of the Zonegran...the combination of drugs....or my age? You tell me.

Charly | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/15/2021

I took zonisamide for 30 days; 50mg/day, for vestibular migraine. The first thing to go was my appetite. I am female 5'4", and I quickly went from 118lbs to 107. It is alarming not to want food, and have to force yourself to eat. Then came the insomnia, panic attacks and severe agitation. I stopped this drug 4 days ago and am being patient while my body slowly recovers. I am weak, low muscle strength, underweight, but thankfully already seeing an improvement with the panic and insomnia. The damage to my body will take time to fix. This stuff is poison.

dee | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/12/2017

Started 25 mg for a week and was to increase by 25 weekly thereafter until I reached 100 mg. I became angry, sad, jittery. We just got a cat 6 weeks ago that I just loved and for the past 3 weeks of being on it don't care about the cat, can't concentrate on work, can't sleep and my eyes hurt all the time. Very similar reaction I got to topramax. However, I lost weight. I still had terrible pressure in my head, especially if I cough or sneeze and if I bend over I get very dizzy and in some cases cannot get up on my own. My doctor is weaning me off of this drug.

sally | 55-64 | Female | Patient
5/9/2016

Started taking Zonegran for migraine prevention last month; am now on twice the dose I started with. Only issue so far is having trouble waking up in the morning, so I'm changing the time of day I take it....from 8 pm to 6 pm. I might back it up further if I still have trouble waking up in the morning. So far I've had only one migraine in the time frame I would have had about 4-5, so I think it's working :) The migraine I had was less severe with no hangover the next day. Hoping the morning sleepiness goes away soon.

naflatem | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/11/2015

Prescribed for severe episodic migraines and daily chronic headaches with neck pain. I have only been on this medication for 1 week and already have seen a drastic improvement in my headaches and neck pain. As in its gone completely! And my mood is so much better, I don't feel depressed and tired anymore. I feel like this is a miracle and I hope it lasts.