I was diagnoses with an hiatal hernia which causes occasional heartburn especially lying down. I did not want to continue on the various 24hr acid reducer perscriptions because of side effects etc. I felt that I just needed to protect my esophagus from acid damage at night. I am happy to say that after 10 years of nightly use and a follow up endoscopy, my esophagus is VERY healthy!

it has not work for me It gave me heart palpatitions

Reflux case | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/22/2020
Condition: Heartburn

Pepcid does not work for me as well as Zantac, which is now off the market. Pepcid gives me flu-like symptoms: chest pressure, feverish, body aches, much fatigue

WannaHelpOthers | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/30/2020
Condition: Heartburn

I tried taking the pill after I felt the heartburn which is the wrong way to use this pill. You need to take it before you eat foods that give you heartburn as described in this article and then it works perfectly. Make sure you drink 8oz of water with it.

Jc | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/24/2020
Condition: Heartburn

I basically was prescribed this for GERD. I wish I had never taken this medication. I'm depressed, filled with anxiety and my upper body hurts in the muscles. Mostly my arms, mostly the LEFT with tingling which scares me!! I'm still belching and having heartburn anyway. This is like a nightmare. :(

Archie | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/20/2019
Condition: Heartburn

I see quite a few people online have experienced heart palpitations. I had very bad palpitations when taking Pepcid ac Extra Strength. So bad that they’d wake me up in the night and I’d have to walk around for a good hour for them to fully go away!

Skeeter | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/7/2018
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

I was prescribed generic Pepcid 40 MG by my doctor (one tablet twice a day). In the third week of therapy, I became very depressed. It felt like a black dark sphere had entered my brain. I am never depressed. Basically, depression is just not me. I discontinued the medication and within a month all symptoms of depression were gone.