My eight year old has been on this medication since he was 6. It has worked well for him, but we have had to adjust the medication at least twice a year, due to growth. Over all it works well for him

ongli | 7-12 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/29/2014
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I feel like I have violent tendencies

Why Not? BP aTX | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/28/2012

I have ADD not ADHD. This medication works much better than adderall or ritalin. I've taken the non ER type and it is not as effective. I take the ER in the morning and it lasts all day. I can take one at lunch if I want/need to. I do not feel speeded up anxious. I concentrate and focus rather than start six things and only finish one. It does not make me feel high either. My ADD is intensified by Bipolar 1 late onset. Some days before I got on Methylin ER I was a total mess. I got nothing done for days. And I tried. I got overwhelmed by the simplest tasks which added up to a mountain that went volcano and erupted on me. Even if the tasks were simply daily living. I was/am a professional (lawyer) this drug has allowed me to do pro bono legal work again and work part time in a non legal setting. I keep my home and life in much better order. All the while I don't feel high or amped. It has been a lifesaver.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/12/2012
spook | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/20/2011
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

Made more room in my brain so I can stop and focus on what I'm doing before I act on it.

Pgrad | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
12/21/2010
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

My 12yo daughter has taken this med for the past 2 1/2 years. We have increased to 27mg per day (due to growth). We definitely notice a difference if she hasnt taken them for a day (lack of impulse control, fidgety, high energy). The tablets are small enough for her to swallow with minimal effort, which is a plus! She has had a significant growth spurt as she nears puberty, so difficult to tell if weight gain is due to the meds (I think mostly not). She does complain of headaches occasionally. Overall, we have been satisfied with this medication.