I was vaccinated and 2x boosted and tested positive for Covid. Only symptoms at the time were difficulty breathing, fatigue, and dry cough. Dr prescribed Paxlovid perhaps because I was having these symptoms in spite of 3x vaccinated, plus am 61. I have had 4 days worth of meds and at least on the plus side I can take a good deep breath and cough is gone. However much as everyone else noted, mouth ...

LC | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/25/2022

I have my 4 shots of Vaccines, 3 Modernas and one Pfizer, with the last one being merely a month ago. I began feeling some cold symptoms last Wednesday but the home test kit showed a negative for Covid. Thursday felt worse, with more intense headache and fever. I tested again and got positive. Both Wed and Thu nights, my throat felt itchy and I did not sleep well. Friday morning saw a family doctor and got Paxlovid. Took it Friday at noon time. Afternoon still felt not well. Took an over-the-counter Ibuprofen. Late afternoon felt better after a nap. Evening felt not bad and had a normal dinner. Evening I watched a movie and still felt not bad. Then I took Pax again before sleep. When I began to sleep Friday night, I already felt much better than Wed and Thur nights. That could not be just due to that one 200mg Ibuprofen pill, could it? Had a good night sleep Friday night, although noticed some bad bitter mouth taste. I thought it was due to light fever but I did not have fever. Later I found that it is a common side effect. Next morning (Sat morning), I got up and felt normal. Well, almost normal because I still had that bitter taste in mouth. But I hardly felt any itchy throat, or mucus in the throat, or running nose. Hey, it was on a good normal morning state in my whole life! Was it because of Paxlovid? What else if not? I had a much pleasant Sat day and Sat night. Today it is Sunday, only the third day of my taking Pax, but I already feel normal! Only that bad bitter taste in mouth reminds me that I am still in "sick period". I would vote "effective" for Pax! In the scale, I would choose "Extremely effective". End of story.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | Patient
Condition: experimental treatment for COVID-19

This has to be the worst medication of all time. I can't decide which was worse- Covid or Paxlovid. The AWFUL taste is just one aspect of the horrendous side effects of this pill. It prevented me from sleeping for the entire time I took it and as a result, I am exhausted. The extreme bitterness and horrific taste has not gone away and its been a few days since I have stopped the meds. My stomach was impacted badly and I would have been better off without the medication. I don't know how anyone can stand this. It is intolerable. Read More Read Less

Vanessa | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
Condition: experimental treatment for COVID-19

I’m a Female , 30yo, with pretty good healthy, vaccinated and with no previous issues , telling you that If you can avoid it, do it. I was diagnosed with Covid on Tuesday night , and my only symptom was a dry cough, no fever , no join pain, no headache , no back pain. My doctor send me home with the prescription for Paxlovid on Wednesday morning , and after taking the medication, I had a horrible reaction. I couldn’t stop coughing for like an hour each time I took a dose of the medicine, and my throat that was already sore , got even worst. My headache from coughing was so bad, and got pretty much unbearable, and I got a really bad neck pain from it. And a mild and pretty manageable Covid symptom, became a nightmare for a few days!! IF YOU CAN AVOID IT , do it. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | Patient
9/24/2022
Condition: experimental treatment for COVID-19

Omg this medicine is amazing, I started taking it on day 3 of my symptoms, the next day I felt back to normal the only issue I had was the terrible taste in my mouth but I would rather have that than die from covid, after finishing my 5 day course, my taste was altered for about a week but I felt fine, here it is 4 weeks later and I haven't experienced covid rebound, hopefully it stays this way! I thank God for this medicine.

?( | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/23/2022
Condition: experimental treatment for COVID-19

I tested positive for covid 19 on day 2. Started taking this med on day 3. I felt much better after one dose. Dizziness went away and cough stopped. Woke up day four with a bad metallic taste in my mouth, food taste terrible. After taking the second dose I started having terrible stomach cramps and after about 10 BM's I decided not to take anymore. As all my original covid symptoms had gone away. I do not think I could of taken this medication for 5 days the stomach cramps were very painful.

Paxlovid | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/23/2022
Condition: experimental treatment for COVID-19

I was getting very sick quickly. After first dose Covid symptoms were knocked down considerably. Metallic taste not fun and dry mouth pretty bad but worth it.

Aj | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/20/2022
Condition: experimental treatment for COVID-19

Fever broke the night I started taking paxlovid. I am increasingly better— almost ok on day 4 after being very sick on day 1 of Covid. My DH did not take it and he is still sick in bed 7 days later. (Both vaccinated and double boosted.)

Jan K | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/20/2022
Condition: experimental treatment for COVID-19

I was coughing so much I couldn’t sleep. I was very congested and had a very heavy chest. My Dr gave me Paxlovid. I felt so much better the next day and had hardly any cough. I was very happy. I do have the metal mouth. It seems to kinda come and go though. I didn’t have any other side effects. The metal mouth was worth no cough, my lungs and stomach muscles started hurting from so much coughing. My husband who also had covid was given Lagevrio. He had basically same symptoms as I did. Very bad cough and congestion. It didn’t work nearly as well as my medicine. He’s on day three of his medication and still has a heavy chest and a bad cough. I recommend paxlovid even with the bad taste. Hope this helps you! Read More Read Less

Unhappi | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
Condition: experimental treatment for COVID-19

Took paxlovid starting on Day 1 of my symptoms. By Day 4 I was feeling fine. Tested negative on Day 5 and Day 7. Cured, right? WRONG! By Day 9 I was having symptoms again and tested positive again on Day 10. IMHO this treatment as currently administered is ineffective. Either the five day course isn’t long enough, or taking it doesn’t let your body ramp up to fight it correctly. I had 2 x Moderna and the booster prior to this.

Latoya Alfred | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
Condition: experimental treatment for COVID-19

I found out I had Covid on a Wednesday so I called urgent care they prescribed me the antiviral meds I started feeling better eating well the only problem was the horrible taste from the meds .I finished the medicine and waited 2 days later to take a Covid test tested negative. 2days after that I started feeling sick again and I took another Covid test n it came up positive. And now I’m sicker than I was before. Uncontrollable coughing , throwing up , and congestion. They need to take this off the market and try again! I wouldn’t wish this on my enemy so here I am miserable back n quarantine again. Can’t go to the emergency room because I don’t have trouble breathing or a fever but hot flashes. BEWARE OF THIS MEDICATION!!!!!!!!Read More Read Less

LR | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/18/2022

This is a HORRIBLE medication. I started taking it on day 2 of symptoms and day 1 of testing positive. I am in my 30s and fairly healthy. The only reason I think my provider have this med to me is because I recently had a case of pneumonia. I took this med for 2 days and had to stop taking it with approval to stop from my providers office. The rancid taste is just one of the side effects to this med…and when I say rancid it is actually bad enough to wake you from a dead sleep and keep you up the rest of the night. On top of that there is the explosive diarrhea that has you running to the bathroom constantly. I can understand taking this med if it’s a matter of avoiding hospitalization or possible death, but if you don’t have to take it then I recommend DONT TAKE IT!!Read More Read Less

NicciRN | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
9/17/2022
Condition: experimental treatment for COVID-19

The medication has worked great for stopping the virus from replicating and causing me a hospital trip. But the side effects of this medication have me doubting if I wasn’t just better off fighting the virus in my own. I have been nauseated, dizzy, sweating profusely, tachycardic and tired. Not to mention the horrible taste in my mouth. I only have one dose left as of now but I can’t bring myself to take it. 4 1/2 days of this feels like enough.

Sunny | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/17/2022
Condition: experimental treatment for COVID-19

Relieved fever, sore throat and cough within 24 hours. However I had miserable diarrhea, stomach pain and loss of appetite throughout as well as the bitter taste described. Rough going but well worth preventing the serious illness I was at risk for. Overall a miracle drug.

Paxlovid | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/16/2022
Condition: experimental treatment for COVID-19

I started taking Paxlovid on day 4 of my symptoms of Covid. I tested positive after being vaccinated and twice boosted. I had never in my 62 years of live felt as ill as I have with these symptoms. My sore throat was worse than any I had ever had, I had thick, productive sputum with a constant deep cough, episode's of chills and sweats, body aches, swollen nasal passages. After starting Paxlovid, I started to have diminished symptoms and by day 4 of treatment, I feel better. The bitter taste and diarrhea are tolerable compared to Covid symptoms. I just worry about possibility of a rebound as reported.Read More Read Less

Paxlovid Hater | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/16/2022
Condition: experimental treatment for COVID-19

This medication made me sicker. Within an hour of the recommended dosage, my throat hurt, lymph nodes, hurt, as well as aching in my ears, and entire body pains. For me, it felt like I was poisoning my body. As the drug wore off between dosages, I felt better. I'd take the next dosage and have the same symptoms.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
Condition: experimental treatment for COVID-19

Started Paxlovid on Day 1 of positive test and day 2 of symptoms. First two days were easy, no side effects. Day three not so good. Started feeling dizziness, lightheaded and a weird sensation in my head and also nausea, rapid heartbeat and Overall feeling of malaise. Not sure I want to continue but I know it will benefit me and I am almost at the finish line.

NanB | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
Condition: experimental treatment for COVID-19

This stuff works and works quickly! As others reported, the bitter taste in my mouth lasted the entire time and is bad! A small price to pay for quick improvement!

Cindy S | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
Condition: experimental treatment for COVID-19

The first dose I took made my chest ache, and it didn't even ache from having Covid (I'm vaccinated). I was at day 4 or 5 when I started the medicine, and was already on the mend. This medicine freaked me out because the first dose left a horrible taste in my mouth and made my chest ache a little. Freaked me out. Then I read all of these reviews and decided not to take anymore than the first dose. It also made me cough, and I was like what in the world is this?

Jkd08 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
Condition: experimental treatment for COVID-19

Began feeling better within 24 hours of starting this medication. After 3 days almost back to normal. Yes it leaves a terrible taste in your mouth but that’s a small price to pay for me. Had no other side effects.

CHRISTY | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/13/2022
Condition: experimental treatment for COVID-19

STARTED COVID 8/28/22 VERY SICK HURT ALL OVER NO ENTERGY AND CONGESTED. WENT TO THE DOCTORS ;DAY 3 WAS GIVEN THE NEW PAXLOVID DRUG. I TOOK MY MEDS SEEMED TO BE WEAKER MY ARMS ARE HEAVY CANT HARDLY SLEEP. SO THIRSTY. ANXIETY REALLY BAD NOT LIKE YOUR HEART RACING IT IS A STRANGE FEELING THAT YOU ARE LOOSING CONTROL OF YOUR BODY. I HAVE THE BAD TASTE IN MY MOUCH STILL I WAS TOLD BY MY DOCTOR I HAVE TRUSH AND YEAST ALL IN MY MOUTH. WAS TREATED FOR THAT. I COULD NOT PEE WAS SO DEHYDRATED NO MATTER HOW MUCH I DRINK. TODAY 9/13/22 16DYS LATER STILL FIGHTING BEING DEHYDRATED IT IS SUCKING MY ELECTROLYTES STILL. I AM DRINKING LIQUID IV AND GETTING B-12 SHOTS FROM THE DOCTOR I WAS TOLD TO KEEP GOING UNTIL THE DRUG IS OUT OF MY SYSTEM. STILL CANT SLEEP STILL MY STOMACH IS A MESS I FEEL OVER WELMED. MY HEAD FEELS TIGHT WITH PRESURE. REALLY THINK ABOUT IT BEFORE TAKING THIS DRUG , I WISH THAT I DID NOT. I WISH SOMEONE COULD TELL ME WHEN THIS DEHYDRATION PROBLEM WILL END. I SEARCHED EVERY WHERE ONLINE AND OF COURSE NO ONE WILL TELL YOU WHAT TO DO WITH THIS AWFUL SIDE EFFECT. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO AT LEAST WRITE THIS.Read More Read Less