I have been on Lovenox since 05/06. I like it way better than coumadin. I have my life back,I have lots of energy, my hair doesn't fall out, I have even got my scuba certification,I go ocean kayaking and don't get sunburnt.I use an SPF 50 of course.I'll take the injections anyday. I inject myself 2x a day 100mg. I have had 7 clots in my lungs and my right leg is completely occluded. I love having ...

I have DVT and HATE THIS MEDICATION!!! Why? Because the delivery method is sadistic and barbaric! I am able to give myself daily injections of Forteo (for osteoporosis)because it uses ultra-fine 31 guage needles, so I DO know how to do subcutaneous injections. But the (only available) needle on the Lovenox product is large, incredibly painful, and leaves HUGE painful bruises, whether it is a nur...

pow | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/14/2020
Condition: Deep Vein Thrombosis Prevention

I got this injection in the hospital. It caused a sroke with permanent paralasis on my left side. This is a bad drug and you should never use it.

Freddy Fredrickson | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/27/2019
Condition: Deep Vein Thrombosis Prevention

In 2015 I was badly injured in a fall, shattering both of my feet, and was confined to a wheelchair for almost a year, well my team of doctors wanted me to take lovenox twice a day for 8 months! I would have to rotate injections sites from my stomach, to my rump, because after a 4 or 5 days, they'd be covered in bruises. I understood the importance of the medication, but it was a really awful experience to go through. I'm also convinced that it really messed with my blood pressure, because before that I had normal blood pressure for a guy that was pretty active at the age of 34. Ever since I took that medication I've suffered from unusually high blood pressure (now 38). I checked it just today, 170 over 106. While I was taking the medication, I would regularly be 190, 195, 200, 205, over anywhere from 110 to 120.

Survivor | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/5/2019
Condition: Deep Vein Thrombosis Prevention in Abdominal Surgery

I was prescribed Lovenox injections once a day for two weeks following a hysterectomy surgery. The nurse at the hospital instructed me how to do it and I gave myself my first injection in the hospital on my release day. It has been easy, painless, and overall a good experience. No problems with blood clots. Loose stools were my only side effect.

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/28/2017
Condition: Deep Vein Thrombosis Prevention in Knee Replacement

Did not prevent or eliminate a DVT in my calf of the replaced knee.

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/15/2016
Condition: Treatment to Prevent a Blood Clot in the Lung

After injecting myself 2-3 times, I realized it it pain free if the plunger is pushed slowly. It takes a few more minutes, but it is well worth it opposed to feeling that annoying burn after the shot. Hope this helps