44 y.o female with a1c of 7.6... baseline weight 216lbs. Started 7.5mg this week and already down 24lbs. Initially was having headache the 1st and 2nd days after injection of 2.5, but no side effects at all since. I did switch to thigh injections. No appetite, feeling great. Can't wait to see how far I can go!!!

Titrated up from 2.5mg, now on second week of 7.5mg. I have lost only about 4 pounds even with no appetite and only eating 2 meals a day. I am so disappointed in this drug. I am wondering if Ozempic would work for me.i went to Mounjaro from Trulicity. My blood sugars are good, just noweight loss.

Teri | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/7/2022

Started 5th 2.5 injection today. Zero side effects. In first 4 weeks, dropped 9 lbs with ease. I had already lost 28 lbs since 6/28/22 but could NOT get past the 28 lb loss no matter what I did. Dr. prescribed 2.5 dose for 4 weeks. GAME CHANGER! Now I hear that Eli Lilly cracking down on prescriptions unless for diabetes. Praying this is not the case. This has taken away cravings and anxious eating habits and I’ve lost a total now of 37 lbs. Could not have done it without Mounjaro, honestly believe. Please Eli Lilly, DO NOT DO AWAY WITH DISCOUNT CARD for obesity OR diabetes! One is related to the other ! Read More Read Less

A Happy Camper | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/7/2022

Down 25 lbs in 2 months. About to start the 7.5mg if I can get my hands on it. Having trouble getting my prescription filled. Only issue is the nausea but if you smell an alcohol pad for a few seconds, it immediately goes away. Any swelling I had in my body is completely gone. This stuff can be life saving for so many people. Highly recommend.

TJ | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/7/2022

I lost weight very quickly. I did have a couple headaches here and there, but the worst thing I experienced was bad acid reflux and some dizziness. I am down to 125 pounds. I do not plan to use any longer as I lost the weight I needed to. I started on 2.5 and then 5.0 and then 7.5. It is WELL worth anyone to use that needs to lose weight and then they can exercise and keep it off once you no longer take the medicine. I personally know about 15-20 people that take the medicine for weight loss and they all have lost weight. I have only had 2 friends get very sick when they took the 7.5. Read More Read Less

Linda E | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/7/2022

I've been on this for 10 weeks. 4 weeks at 2.5 and 6 weeks at 5mg. I've lost/gained/lost the same 5lbs. I've experienced no side effects whether I'm injecting stomach or thigh. Minimal appetite suppression, strong cravings for sugar.

SterlingW. | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/5/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

After 2nd week on 2.5mg I stopped taking metformin. After week 4 I started weaning myself off of insulin (Toujeo). After completing 3 months on 2.5mg I started on 5.0mg only, no more insulin. Having taken any insulin in over two months now. Blood sugar numbers are great and I've bee averaging 2 lbs weight loos per week. Down 35lbs now.

Nerve v A1C | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/5/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I love the fact that I am losing weight. But the side effects, I don't know if its worth it. I am on 7.5 and have been taking it for 9 weeks. I have migraines the first few days after the shot. These are debilitating migraines. Then I have nerve pain in my left foot. It started out as just a small spot. Each shot increases the area of the pain. The whole top of my left foot, side of ankle and now the back of my whole left calf. My clothes rub against it and I just cry in pain. I can push against it and not move and there is no pain but the light rubbing, its excruciating pain. So keep taking it and have it possibly spread and get worse, but have my A1C keep going down, lose more weight, get off my cholesterol medication OR get rid of the nerve pain and migraine and keep the weight-well keep fighting it, stay on medication for cholesterol and struggle with my A1C. I don't know what to do.Read More Read Less

Ganzma | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/4/2022

53 year old male. started Aug 12, 2022. As of today (12/6) I am down 65lbs and just started on 10mg a week. Really happy with the results. Some vision issues but new contacts fixed that. Drug is easy to use. No other side affects.

Mounjaro | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/4/2022

I've been on Mounjaro for 8 weeks. I've lost 17lbs so far. I'm using Mounjaro as an alternative to barbaric surgery. I need to lose approximately 50 lbs so I am 1/3 of the way there after 8 weeks.

Pamela | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient

Mounjaro 2.5 has not been effective with weight loss and loss of appetite

HappyFruit | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/3/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

F53. Been on mounjaro since end of August 2022. One month at 2.5 and then two months so far at 5. My a1c in August was 11. As of Dec 1, a1c is now 6.6… and dropping (morning BG is around 100 most days). I love this! I only had one time it made me sick when I did the shot at night. If I do it in afternoon it works great. I have not tried to change eating, and I have also lost 7kg. I feel so much better!!!

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/2/2022

Just dosed my 4th weekly dose of 2.5mg and will be increasing to 5mg next week. I have lost about 8 lbs in less than a month and I am not really changing the types of food I eat or reducing my wine consumption. No side effects at all other than you can get uncomfortable when you try and eat too much, which is a good thing. I find my appetite improves as I get around day 5 or so - so hope the 5mg dose will curb it even more throughout the week.

tdub | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/2/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I've had T2 for six years. A1C was 7.1 so the doctor started this. I'll be taking my 5th dose of 2.5 mg tomorrow. I was due to increase to five tomorrow, as most folks do, but my weight loss has been RELATIVELY rapid, and with an eating disorder, I am a little nervous to increase. I will be staying at 2.5 for the indefinite future. I love that I don't have eating disorder thoughts all the time or think about food a lot. I have childhood trauma and that has led me to be overweight my whole life. Losing weight makes me anxious, but I'm working through it with my therapist and nutritionist. I do have indigestion for a couple days after the shot, and I have practically no appetite. It's a mixed blessing, definitely. Read More Read Less

kimbue | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I have lost 12 pounds I've been taking it for 2 months. The heartburn is real ....I have found a couple of things that help Jet puff Marshmallows yep the kind you roast....I absorbs the Acid and reduces it ...also peppermint candy they make them with Splenda. And Also Gaviscon Extra strength. I got all of this at my local Walmart. Yes I'm sick to my stomach don't have much of a appetite. a Cup of Broth helps when I know I should Eat but just can't... over all I'm better Its been working to help my blood sugar. I'm happy to be loosing some weight to .Hope this helps someone Read More Read Less

M Saunders | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

This medication has changed my life. It has changed my relationship with food and allowed me to train my mind what is enough. I never would have been able to do it on my own. I tried and it never worked.

AA1 in Georgia | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/1/2022

I am a 46 year old B/F and I have completed my first 4 injections of Mounjaro 2.5mg. I am a full-time police officer and have a moderately active life. I have followed my physician’s instructions to the letter because I want this to work for my health not simply for weight loss. Before beginning Mounjaro, I was on a steady loss and was down 9 pounds in one month (from my last office visit) doing nothing outside of my normal routine of eating lean protein, large amounts of raw vegetables and fruits (strawberries, blueberries, apples, oranges, and grapefruit only), drinking half my body weight in ounces of water, and walking/jogging 2.5 miles 5 days a week. This method has helped me lose a total of 85 lbs from Dec 2019 to December 2021. I gained 30 pounds back plateauing out and maintaining 220-225 pounds (size 14 women’s clothing 36-38W in men’s law enforcement clothing). However, I was been fighting sugar cravings and having a hard time staying [full] after eating before I felt like I was starving again. I was gaining belly fat which is unusual for me. I was falling asleep at weird times throughout the day and having swelling in my legs and feet with numbness in my arms and hands. After trying several methods to treat my symptoms, which point to diabetes, my doctor decided to try me on Mounjaro. Many of her patients have shown outstanding results. They also have side effect horror stories that made me a little skeptical… and nervous to be honest. I, on the other hand, can not share the success stories so far. Where others lost between 12 - 17 pounds in the first month, and lowered their A1C. I have gained two pounds and my labs are the same. After being on a steady loss, I am a bit disappointed BUT I did not experience the ongoing series of side effects that they had either! Thankfully. My digestive system stopped working normally after the first injection. I did not have a BM for 2 days! Uh, NO. Typically, I have normal, regular bowel movements shortly after eating a meal and urinate out the correct amount of fluids from what I take in. I am now urinating twice as much and my bowel movements declined to small and not as frequent. I am experiencing dehydration now, too. I increased my (raw or ground) ginger intake and added prunes to my diet every morning and evening. This has helped tremendously with getting my regularity back to normal. I have had no other “expected” side effects outside of the digestive issues but I do have very specific food cravings that I never had before. Now my sweet craving is chocolate candy with caramel and my new, completely weird craving is chicken (fried) fillet sandwich with mustard…. What is this??? I absolutely have not experienced loss of appetite! I get tired easily and can barely complete my 2.5 ml walks. Jogging is completely out of the question since the first injection. After my visit Tuesday (11-29-2022) my physician decided to increase me to the 5 mg dose. I’m willing to try one more month but if I don’t see improvement, I will not be continuing this medication for a third month. I am fairly disappointed with my results overall. Read More Read Less

Mcat | 45-54 | Female | Patient
11/30/2022

On it for 3 weeks and have lost 8lbs already. Made my hunger disappear completely. The first shot made me nauseated for two days. After that it went away. Micaela axle drug as far as I’m concerned. Hopefully this doesn’t turn out too good to be true.

Momof5 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/30/2022

I am 52 years old and have multiple sclerosis and borderline type 2 diabetes. I am also medically menapause. I started this medication in July with 2.5 each dose for 2 months, I am now on 10 mg and down 35 lbs. I have zero hunger. My cholesterol is down and I’m off the meds. Side effects are a little achy day of shot ( like the flu) and loss of cravings or any thoughts of food at all. First month I had a headache which subsided. I highly recommend speak to your gp.

Hopeful PCOS User | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/29/2022

Diagnosed with PCOS at 25yrs old and have been struggling with weight issues for over twenty years. Over the years have been on metformin with all kinds of side effects, so my doc suggested Mounjaro. Start date: Nov.1, start weight 225, A1C 5.7, and start dose 2.5mg. Well into my 5th week at the same dosage I'm down 10lbs. I haven't had any side effects and my appetite has been suppressed. Finally feeling like I have reason to continue to feel hopeful regarding my health and weight.

S.D. | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/29/2022

I started mounjaro this past Saturday 11.26.22 and have gained 2 lbs. so far. Has anyone else gained on their first week? I'm hoping the weight will start to come off instead of increasing soon. Good thing though is no side effects at all but also no change in my appetite. Will post again some time next week hopefully to report progress.

Jenifer | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/29/2022

48 yr old woman. Started on 2.5 for 4 weeks. Lost 20 lbs. Four weeks on 5 mg lost 10 lbs. No side effects. No more binge eating or obsessing about food. This is a miracle drug. The only draw back right now is trouble getting it for non diabetics.