Rune | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/28/2014

In case of flu or bronchitis, helps get phlegm out of throat and lugs, reduces 'bubbly' breathing. Easy to use. Not a wonder drug, but it's good, and with minimal associated risks. (Don't mix with cough suppressants though).

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | Patient
9/10/2013

Gained a significant amount of weight. Increased anxiety and caused chest pains.

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver

2/6/2011

no comment

wheeze | 55-64 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/20/2011

I have copd this med has proven very useful to keep lungs clearer when used with albuterol treatment 1/2 ml in nebulizer with albuterol my lungs stay much clearer than just albuterol

maleforgod | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/31/2010

This medication is so gross and hard to swallow without gagging from the taste and I can't see any results from it.

mad_bookworm | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/16/2009

I caught a cold while traveling in Europe. As always, it settled in my lungs and I coughed for weeks. Finally, in Italy, I went into a pharmacy and described my condition to the pharmacist. He gave me a package of something called Sobrepin (dosage unknown) which is acetylcysteine. Within three days, the cough was GONE. It's a pity one cannot buy Sobrepin in the U.S. I have just purchased a form of acetylcysteine called NAC, over the counter, and hopefully it will work as well.

olive wade | 65-74 | Female | Patient
9/24/2009

I am living in Thailand and there are some things in the air that cause episodes of asthma during tennis and I love the game and being in the outside air causes me problems at certain seasons.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/5/2009

Hi - In August 2007, I contracted a "small" pneumonia/bronchitis. Fortunately, a good friend who is a physician gave this to me. It works much better than Mucinex or any cough medicine w/ guiaifenesin. I am upset because I cannot get it in the U.S.

JMH | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/29/2008

I have extrinsic allergic alveolitis complicated with asthma and COPD. When occasional courses of 600mg daily are taken (max 7 days) my breathing becomes much easier and mucus is coughed up more easily

acetylcysteine | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient