I had a complete hysterectomy several years ago. I was given morphine and was able to dose myselt. It didn't work no matter how much they gave me. They thought I was a drug addict trying to get high. I was in the most intense pain of my life. I could hear my pain management team talking outside my door. I heard someone rattling off a list of drugs to try. I don't know why, but when they said a cer...

My wife had a major relocation of heel bone and relocation of a tendon. The first IV treatment with Codiene was causing her itching. This was changed to Toradol. At first it put her to sleep apparently reducing the pain -- but a few hours later she awoke with a racing heart, sweating and nauseated. Potassium was measured to be extremely low and the hospital crew gave her many potassium pills (...

Jlz776 | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/30/2021
Condition: Severe Pain

I’ve had leukemia twice, lots of chemo, a stem cell transplant, pancreatitis many times, car wrecks, name it, I probably dealt with it. It makes me furious when I go to the E.R. with an excruciating pancreatitis flair and they try to push this useless crap on me. I used to be nice and play the game because I was afraid of being judged. I don’t care about that anymore I nip that in the bud right away.

deb | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/17/2016
Condition: Severe Pain

I have difficulty taking nsaids orally as they bother my stomach. My physician felt using toradol IV would keep this from happening. The Toradol was to combat severe headaches and body pain from IVIG infusions. Unfortunately after two days I experienced acute abdominal pain and intestinal bleeding. I am still not completely recovered.

Toradol | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/7/2013
Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/30/2013
Condition: Severe Lower Back Pain from Kidney Stones
greta | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/31/2013
Condition: Acute Pain Following an Operation

i received toradol IV after a vaginal hysterectomy. It relieved my pain wonderfully. I was comfortable yet not groggy.

dominique | 35-44 | Female | Patient
5/29/2013
Condition: Severe Pain

went into a severe allergy reaction. chest closed and extremely sore and eyes swollen shut. ended up in hospital on a drip

WIwife | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
3/25/2013
Condition: Severe Lower Back Pain from Kidney Stones

My husband just underwent his second ureteroscopy this morning and almost removed the side rails of the bed gripping them in pain. After the Toradol IV his pain level went down to a 2 in about 10 minutes. Great anti-inflammatory drug.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/2/2013
Condition: Pain

I was given this in the E.R. for chest pain due to pneumonia, it only helped a little bit.

Anonymous |
11/13/2012
Condition: Pain

went to er for coughing so hard cause alot of pain in lungs also bad sore throat, they gave me tor for the pain, did nothing NOTHING, I repeat nota thing.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/10/2012
Condition: Pain

I had a migraine for three days and went to the er. They gave me toradol with phenergan because my headache was soo bad it was making me sick. Shortly after having the iv, I felt better and took a nap. The only bad thing which i wouldn't really consider a bad thing was it felt like i had a bruise at the injection site.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/15/2012
frankiesgirl | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/7/2012
Condition: Acute Pain Following an Operation

I had an injection of Toradol about 15 years ago for ureter spasms and it worked wonderfully. I had abdominal/pelvic surgery on May 25, 2012 and I was given Toradol IV every 6 hours post-operatively. In this instance it did not seem to have any effect as far as pain relief. When I was discharged I was given a prescription for oral Toradol. I don't know if the oral Toradol disagreed with me or if it was just an accumulation of dosages but I experienced some disturbing side effects once I started the po medication. I had a persistent sore throat, a very sore tongue and a huge amount of edema from my thighs to my sternum. When I weighed myself I was astonished to find that I had gained 17 pounds in the 3 days since my surgery! I discontinued the Toradol per the advice of an Emergency Room physician. It took about 4 days for the edema to dissipate and then I returned to my pre-operative weight. I was diagnosed with a peptic ulcer in Sept. of 2011. That ulcer has returned and it is more painful than it was when it was originally diagnosed. I was very disappointed with the ineffective pain relief because I had had such good relief when I had that injection for ureter spasms. The side effects of this drug certainly out weighed the usefulness of it. Read More Read Less

OrganicMom | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/20/2011
Condition: Severe Pain

I got this injected for a VERY painful ovarian cyst. It helped for about an hour during which i was able to somewhat rest. After 2 hours I started have very SEVER abdominal pain, cramps, and vomiting. Thankfully the vomiting did not last long, but the abdominal pain and gas, (which is a direct side effect) lasted for over three days! For almost 3 days after receiving Toradol, I had to walk bent over from the pain. It would have been better for me to sit in a hot tub to relieve the cyst pain, then taking this medication. Read More Read Less

jabberjaws95 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/18/2011
Condition: Severe Pain

Besides making me disorientated, this drug has never worked to ease my pain. I would tell everyone I know to refuse this drug if it is offered! I classify it as a joke drug!!!

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/7/2011

was a good pain manager

MrsV | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/27/2010
Condition: Pain

Did not work, it actually gave me a headache.

stev's sister | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/21/2010
Condition: Severe Pain

I have had two situations where toradol given in iv form worked miracles. In both situations I was still in pain after being given the maximum dose of morphine. My pain was still a 7 and then an injection of toradol and my pain went down so quickly (to a 3). The first time this happened I was like, "why didn't you give that to me sooner"! I was just in the hospital recovering from a hysterectomy and I actually requested it, it is a powerful anti-inflammatory when inflammation is part of the pain!Read More Read Less

VintageButterfly | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/19/2010
Condition: Acute Pain Following an Operation

I had emergency surgery for a ruptured ovarian cysts that was causing me to bleed internally...After recovery when the transferred me to a room, they gave me Toradol an another pain reliever (narcotic) in my I.V... I had decent pain relief...but I am not sure if it was the Toradol or the other narcotic pain reliever (was not morphine) that was helping... or maybe it was the combo of the two... so my review would be positive, and would recommend it. My mother swears Toradol is the best (She has migraines and was given Toradol injections)Read More Read Less

[email protected] | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/17/2010
Condition: Severe Pain

it really nothihg for the pain

Ms unsatisfied | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/16/2010

Pneomona and strep throat, didnt help me much if any.