Symptoms of menopause curtailed, such as hot flashes, night sweats, dryness, etc. as others have noted. Mentally, emotionally = greatest impact on quality of life. Increased my energy, mental state, ability to concentrate and focus, giving me more energy, too. A big difference. Highly recommend. No downside for me. I am 54 and have taken 3 years.

I have only taken for eight days so I realize that's not long enough to really tell but I am not going to wait. No improvement in night sweats and may even be worse. More irritable and not happy. Will try something from the health food store. Not worth the risk of cancer and other side effects to me.

Bea | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/12/2021
Condition: Post-Menopausal Osteoporosis Prevention

I have been on Activelle for 7 months now and will stop tomorrow as have been diagnosed with deep vein thrombosis after a scan today. Yes it took away hot flushes but gave me something far worse.

P | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/26/2019
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

This has eased all my menopause symptoms except for mood issues. Also, I have started spotting, and my chest has broken out in acne that is very stubborn. I truly hope the spotting doesn't turn into a full-blown period type of flow. I was on Bijuva which I loved, but I had to stop it b/c it was so expensive.

barbara | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/7/2018
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

I took Activelle for 20 years.Had a good life.Was energetic and very little hot flushes.Am 61 and had a breast scare a year ago.Tapered off for 3 months in july 2017.It is now APRIL 2018 and I am feeling terrible.Sad,depressed,aching bones and hot flushes.Having mammogram in SEPTEMBER.Am now feeling desperate and have made a gynae appointment.CAN ANYONE OUT THER HELP ME PLEASE?

Lilly | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
11/11/2016
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

Activella stopped the insomnia and night sweats almost immediately, so it works very well for those symptoms as well as vaginal dryness. After a few weeks I did notice breast tenderness that doesn't really go away, some spotting and return of periods. I also noticed some weight gain, teariness (but not sure if that's the activella). I was also worried about hair shedding as my hair is so fine to begin with and I don't know if activella is causing that, but I've gone off it for now. I would consider going back on it if the insomnia and night sweats return.

Unbelievableada | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/27/2015

I have gained 7 pounds in 3 weeks. I exercise 1-2 hours 5 times a week, run 3 miles twice a week. Still gain weight. Get fatigue every day, and feel sleepy all the time.