I have ongoing sinus infections which they think has a fungal base. First fungas then bacteria. I have been on IV antibiotics and it helps for awhile. Sporonox is the only thing that keeps me breathing. I have been on it on and off for 4 years. It is not solving the problem but it helps me be somewhat normal.

I have a fungal infection of the lungs called blastomycoces. I've been on Sporanox capsules 2 times a day, huge blue pills, since Febuary of 2010. The doctor says I will be on it for another year. For the last two months, May, and June, there has been absolutely no improvement. They are having to test my liver since this med is toxic to the liver and other organs. Has anyone else had this typ...

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/10/2014
Condition: Type of Infection caused by Histoplasmosis Fungus

I had Histoplasmosis in my lungs a few years ago, and have had a lot of complications and pain in my body since then. My doctor prescribed Sporanox after a blood test came back elevated for fungus in my body, turns out the fungus was causing me to not feel well for all this time! I was told it takes a good 4-6 wks to work and all I can say is I haven't felt this good in quite a while, Sporanox has worked wonders for me! As far as side effects go...I've had diarrhea since being on the Sporanox and the taste isn't very pleasant but other then that I've been very satisfied, if you've ever had Histoplasmosis or other invasive fungal infections and still aren't feeling well, go and get a blood test because chances are it could still be "active"

John H | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/16/2014
Condition: Infection caused by the Fungus Scedosporium Apiospermum

It seems to cause me more problems than it cures

beach | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
1/30/2014
Condition: Candidiasis Fungal Infection of the Oropharynx

I have been on and off Sporanox for 6 years for sinus fungal issues.. It helps and every time I try to stop it the symptoms come back. I am worried about the liver and heart issue but my doctors do keep a check on it. I am glad to see other have been on it for long times .

allergy | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/30/2012
Condition: Fungal Infection of Fingernails - Onychomycosis

I was given this drug to treat a fingernail fungus contacted from a nail salon. I took the medicine before going to bed and was awakened a few hours later with severe itching. When I went into my bathroom and turned on the light, I could not believe the swelling and redness. I had red hives from the top of my head to the soles of my feet.

Apple | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/4/2012

I was prescribed Sporanox for long standing Oral Thrush caused by Seretide Inhaler for COPD. I was also given medications to protect my stomach - first Omeprozole (didn't get on with it, secondly Ranitidine (make me sick and finally Pantoprozole (Protium). I felt pretty unwell over the two months that I was taking these drugs (advising my GP of course).One day my heart rate which is normally 75 shot up to 160 and I was rushed to hospital. The result was anaphylactic shock followed by an angioplasty to put a stent in a 70% blocked Coronary Artery. It appears that the drug mix was to blame as I suffer from COPD and this is contra indicated. I wish my doctor had known that!