I have been on this medication for over 25 years after a complete historectomy with no complications. I have tried the generic several times and always have side effects- sleeplessness, forgetfullness, edgy, etc. I just want to know why Ogen was discontinued? Anybody know?

I was prescribed Ogen 0.625mg for relief of hot flashes and sleep disturbance. I don't know how long it is supposed to take for improvement of symptoms, but I have been taking it for 1 1/2 weeks with no relief. I will probably discontinue use due to nausea side effect.

green.side.up | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/3/2013
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

I have been using a .625 generic of Ogen (Watson 414)since it became available. Altho I am 78 years old, hot flashes made my life miserable since a partial hysterectomy many years ago. I have tried to go off of estroget, but day and night flashes return. Benefits outweigh the risks in my opinion. I hope it is not made from pregnant horse urine like Premarin. I object to their vile treatment of horses.

xemelka | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/14/2011
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

I love ogen. Long after menopause, I started having dreanching night sweats. My doctor prescribed this tiny amount of ogen -Instantly the night sweats disappeared. Since I see no difference at all between generic & name brand, I take the generic. Great benifits, no side effects and inexpencive.

fw | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/25/2011
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

Have taken this medicine for over 20 years until just recently due to the manufacturer's discontinuance. Other generics caused gastrointestinal problems. Ogen is a wonderful drug which caused me no side effects; in fact, it helped my elevated blood pressure.

sharon | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/23/2011
Condition: Low Estrogen After Operation to Remove Ovaries

i tried several HRT. This one is great. no side effects. I love it. No sweats,hot flashes, my mood was so much better. i take the generic of ogen. as for weight gain, the pill didnt do this to me, now i watch what i eat...

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years |
2/17/2011

Ogen is gentle, and after surgery, it provided the necessary balance that I required. I also had the uterus removed along with the ovaries and this medication has been wonderful. I was told that this medication was no longer being made and I wonder why, and also what can I take that is the equivalent.