I've been on Sarafem for 3 weeks now for PMDD. I have to say I'm thrilled with the results so far. I am more stable in mood, my breasts weren't tender with my period, I have less symptoms of PMDD (my hubby noticed a difference!) and I just feel more like myself. I take it at night b/c it tends to make me a little tired if I take it in the morning. I have also lost weight which has been an issue wi...

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/25/2019
Condition: Anxiousness associated with Depression

A lot of Drs won't tell women but Sarafem is Prozac, EXACT SAME DRUG, just changed the name because if the reputation that "Prozac was for crazy people" it's actual use was for depression, so I've just switched from prozac to Sarafem for the same reason, so if people see the bottle they don't judge you. But just wanted to make sure all of you were aware of this.

Zbyqr | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/11/2017
Condition: Premenstrual Disorder with a State of Unhappiness

I took this medication many, many years ago. More than 20 years ago. I remember the complete calm experienced while of dealing with my menses each month, the stupid drama of it and messes I made because of bad decisions during. That little pill was a big help. I am disappointed that many Dr's now do not know this med and that it may have been discontinued. If it works, and it did, it should have been left to deliver what many needed...ThEirik sanity back.

CindieAc | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/31/2013
Condition: Bipolar Depression

Only on for a brief time and notice a difference in agitated depression with PMDD. I was in bed for a week, depressed. Now feeling better.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/28/2013
Condition: Depression
Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | Patient
3/25/2013
Condition: Premenstrual Disorder with a State of Unhappiness

Been on the med for a week now. Had partial hysterectomy and have been going thru me menopause 8 yrs now. Ovary/hormone symptoms been tougher to deal with this past 2-3 months. One positive so far, appetite has decreased (usually increases at this time). Had been taking Viibryd for about 5-6 months now; told to stop taking it while taking this med; luckily no withdraws since stopping Viibryd (knock on wood) depression has not worsened. Hoping that more positive things come of taking this PMDD med. Two more weeks before I'll really know.