Gastroparesis Girl | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
10/29/2017
Condition: Life Threatening Allergic Reaction

This medication was literally a life saver for me. I have had severe allergies to peanuts since I was a small child. I mean, where I couldn't even touch peanut m&ms because they had peanuts inside the chocolate shells or sit on a seat at one of those places where you throw peanut shells on the floor or whatever as you eat them. I have had to use my epi pen in that situation once (because I didn't want to be seen as differnt and I really didn't think that just sitting down in a seat which I assumed had been wiped off would effect me. I have also had to use it when visiting my parents when my grandfather was alive because he loved peanuts and would eat them often. He was getting older and having a hard time not being really messy eating them and I would sit on furniture he had been on unknowingly. That has caused me to have to use them, as well as when my boss at an old job was eating peanuts when he passed me something to put into the computer that he had been eating peanuts and I didn't know and touched it and ended up having a reaction and having to use an epi pen again. I've been pretty good at avoiding since then, but I can definitely attest to the importance of them and they have saved me several times. They also have a generic now so they are cheaper. And they are available as a generic in drug chains in the US, it's not over the internet or anything like that. I never go anywhere without my epipens. We had a situation here a few months ago where my nephew was stung by a bee and his epi pen here had expired so they had to hurry and bring one over to him. If you have severe allergies to something, I beg you to please keep two epipens on you at all times. It's not worth your life to play around with it.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/18/2016
Condition: Life Threatening Allergic Reaction

Allergy to bee stings. Have had to use 2 times to save life. May not be so lucky next time as insurance no longer covers it and it is now cost prohibitive.

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/21/2014
Condition: Life Threatening Allergic Reaction

I've used an epipen two times in my 15 years of living. One when I was 7 because I reacted to the eggs in extra creamy ice cream and the most recent a couple months ago I reacted to peanut oil in ice cream. (ice cream will be the death of me apparently) Both times I broke out in hives (scratched myself to death), threw up, and had trouble breathing, was wheezing pretty much. The epipen saved my life and I'm thankful for that.

bob | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient