Show ratings & reviews for

4.5 Overall Rating

Effectiveness

Tooltip icon

Ease of Use

Tooltip icon

Satisfaction

Tooltip icon

Most voted positive review

8 People found this comment helpful

I've used an epipen two times in my 15 years of living. One when I was 7 because I reacted to the eggs in extra creamy ice cream and the most recent a couple months ago I reacted to peanut oil in ice cream. (ice cream will be the death of me apparently) Both times I broke out in hives (scratched myself to death), threw up, and had trouble breathing, was wheezing pretty much. The epipen saved my li...

Shared reviews and ratings

Gastroparesis Girl | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
10/29/2017
Condition: Life Threatening Allergic Reaction
Overall rating 5.0
Effectiveness
Ease of Use
Satisfaction

This medication was literally a life saver for me. I have had severe allergies to peanuts since I was a small child. I mean, where I couldn't even touch peanut m&ms because they had peanuts inside the chocolate shells or sit on a seat at one of those places where you throw peanut shells on the floor or whatever as you eat them. I have had to use my epi pen in that situation once (because I didn't want to be seen as differnt and I really didn't think that just sitting down in a seat which I assumed had been wiped off would effect me. I have also had to use it when visiting my parents when my grandfather was alive because he loved peanuts and would eat them often. He was getting older and having a hard time not being really messy eating them and I would sit on furniture he had been on unknowingly. That has caused me to have to use them, as well as when my boss at an old job was eating peanuts when he passed me something to put into the computer that he had been eating peanuts and I didn't know and touched it and ended up having a reaction and having to use an epi pen again. I've been pretty good at avoiding since then, but I can definitely attest to the importance of them and they have saved me several times. They also have a generic now so they are cheaper. And they are available as a generic in drug chains in the US, it's not over the internet or anything like that. I never go anywhere without my epipens. We had a situation here a few months ago where my nephew was stung by a bee and his epi pen here had expired so they had to hurry and bring one over to him. If you have severe allergies to something, I beg you to please keep two epipens on you at all times. It's not worth your life to play around with it.Read More Read Less

Report this postFill 3Created with Sketch.
Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/18/2016
Condition: Life Threatening Allergic Reaction
Overall rating 5.0
Effectiveness
Ease of Use
Satisfaction

Allergy to bee stings. Have had to use 2 times to save life. May not be so lucky next time as insurance no longer covers it and it is now cost prohibitive.

Report this postFill 3Created with Sketch.
Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/21/2014
Condition: Life Threatening Allergic Reaction
Overall rating 5.0
Effectiveness
Ease of Use
Satisfaction

I've used an epipen two times in my 15 years of living. One when I was 7 because I reacted to the eggs in extra creamy ice cream and the most recent a couple months ago I reacted to peanut oil in ice cream. (ice cream will be the death of me apparently) Both times I broke out in hives (scratched myself to death), threw up, and had trouble breathing, was wheezing pretty much. The epipen saved my life and I'm thankful for that.

Report this postFill 3Created with Sketch.
bob | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/5/2013
Condition: Life Threatening Allergic Reaction
Overall rating 5.0
Effectiveness
Ease of Use
Satisfaction

saved my life!

Report this postFill 3Created with Sketch.
dmilan09 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/22/2011
Condition: Reaction due to an Allergy
Overall rating 5.0
Effectiveness
Ease of Use
Satisfaction

I have had to use 2 times and it has worked for me both times. I am satisfied

Report this postFill 3Created with Sketch.
Csc11 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
10/9/2011
Condition: Life Threatening Allergic Reaction
Overall rating 5.0
Effectiveness
Ease of Use
Satisfaction

A restaurant placed pickles on a sandwich I had ordered. I am allergic to vinegar. My throat was very scratchy then I realized I ate the pickle and 4 more were there. After that I gave myself the epi pen. Had the allergy since I was 3 and at 30 was the 1st time I used it. I was scared, but it didn't hurt. It was very easy, but I did get very shaky after. I had my 1 year old glad a total stranger sat with her and talked me through everything. Glad I always have it in my purse! It truly did save my life! Read More Read Less

Report this postFill 3Created with Sketch.
Anonymous | 7-12 | Female | Patient
9/21/2011
Condition: Life Threatening Allergic Reaction
Overall rating 5.0
Effectiveness
Ease of Use
Satisfaction

I have been severly allergic to peanuts since I was a baby. My first serious case of anaphalaxis was when I was 12 and had eaten a dish containing peanuts. If it wasn't for the EpiPen, I would not have lived past the age of 12.

Report this postFill 3Created with Sketch.
rikers | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/22/2011
Condition: Life Threatening Allergic Reaction
Overall rating 2.7
Effectiveness
Ease of Use
Satisfaction
Report this postFill 3Created with Sketch.
melissa | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
2/7/2010
Condition: Life Threatening Allergic Reaction
Overall rating 5.0
Effectiveness
Ease of Use
Satisfaction

I use an epipen all the time. Sometimes 4 a month. I carry two at all time! It really helps me with my throat, it swells very aften. I have a medical condition where I swell in hives all over and the drs cant do anything for it. Thank God for the epipens.

Report this postFill 3Created with Sketch.
gohorn | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/11/2008
Condition: Life Threatening Allergic Reaction
Overall rating 3.3
Effectiveness
Ease of Use
Satisfaction

I used this pen on 12/8/08 after having a allergic reaction with some other medication. It did slow down the effects of the reaction and was very helpful. I still had to go to the E/R for more treatment which is recomended but I will never leave the house without it.

Report this postFill 3Created with Sketch.
lcrawford | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/25/2008
Condition: Life Threatening Allergic Reaction
Overall rating 4.0
Effectiveness
Ease of Use
Satisfaction

when i took the epipen i then passed out, i dont know if it was from the bee sting or the pen?

Report this postFill 3Created with Sketch.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT USER-GENERATED CONTENT ON WEBMD

The opinions expressed in WebMD User-generated content areas like communities, reviews, ratings, or blogs are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions.

Read More