I took Unithroid for 2 years. Prior symptoms of weight gain, constipation, loss of hair, tiredness, and high LDL level disappeared. Upon retirement I had to change companies to fill my prescriptions. The new company switched me to Synthroid. Since then my LDL has risen by 28 points and I have experienced very mild constipation and hair loss. It has taken awhile for me to put this together as t...

Portia | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
12/29/2020
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

I had an ablation done in 2012. I tried several over the years. I had issues with the compound extras. This one is working well. When I have issues at all, I have to check to see if I am taking it correctly and usually that was the culprit. I don't use the generic anymore because of consistency issues.

Cat lady | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/17/2020
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

I had been on synthroid for 10 years and was fine. Insurance Company forced me to switch to another drug. My endocrinologist put me on unithroid and the trouble started within 2 days. Severe diarrhea, headache, fast heart rate, leg cramps,hair falling out. Two and a half weeks after being on unithroid i have lost 12 lbs so my doctor ran another thyroid test. TSH had dropped from 1.290 to 0.152. Going back to Synthroid. Do not take this medication!

computerGeek | 55-64 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/31/2019
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

taking Unithroid, my TSH plummetted while my symptoms got so bad, I was short of breath, weak, my hair fell out in alarming amounts, heartburn and excruciatingly painful leg cramps in both legs and feet. Was on it over 6 months, couldn't get a new prescription right away because my doc left the practice and I had to wait for a new Doc. This drug should be taken off the market.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/23/2019
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

My experience has been quite positive. After trying other meds to treat my thyroid, I'd given up. My doctor suggested Unithroid and very pleased with the results. I feel energized,clear minded, a decreased appetite, overall feel great. Can't stress how happy I am with the results.

Terriblereaction | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/4/2018
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

Recently had a prescription refill and my pharmacy gave me Unithroid rather than the Mylan levothyroxine I have been on for a couple of years. I have been treated and been through other changes in the generic brand but this one was by far the worst. The pharmacy never even mentioned it as a warning when brands are switched. After about 10 days on unithroid I felt horrible, heart rate was all over the place and dropping to 55bpm, terrible headache, anxiety, sweating. I ended up in the ER after passing out. Follow up w/ my primary and asked for script to find the previous Mylan brand refill, got it that day and started on it the next day. 5 days later feel MUCH better. While there are still inherent side effects of levo I am no longer having this extreme reaction. If what you are on is working and the pharmacy wants to change speak up, ask ahead that they don't switch.