Been on Nexium for 6 years. Works good for reflux. Can't stop taking it or symptom's return worse than before. They say it is only an 8 to 12 week treatment. They lied. I was also diagnosed with severe vitamin B12 deficency. I was getting muscle cramps, tingling and numbness in my hands and feet. They never did a study on long term use of PPI's, but they are now warning people about the vitamin de...

After 3 years of using. I develop Osteoporosis. Bcoz it stop producing acid then calcium production is impede. Acid is important in calcium production which important for strong bones. I stop taking it instead I drink a glass of water at bedtime and each time I get acid reflux/heartburn.

Wannabepharmacist | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/11/2020
Condition: Heartburn

Took fo approximately a week. Afterwards, after every dose, racing heart and diarrhea. Sort of like a gastric dumping sensation. The last time I took it, I had immense itching all over my body and vomiting. Apparently, this drug is not for me.

paco | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/20/2019
Condition: Heartburn

I had heartburn all the time. No more. I take 40mg everyother day. No side affects.

Lolly | 65-74 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/2/2019
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

I�ve been on Nexium for decades for GERD. I�ve gained a lot of weight and suffer most of side effects others have listed. I have osteoporosis. I have developed terrible bruising on both my legs to the point where I keep them covered all the time, even when swimming. Doctors cannot find out the cause of this bruising. I�m constantly fatigued and doctors tell me I have fibromyalgia but I�m now wondering if it�s the Nexium causing this bruising and fatigue. Over the years I�ve taken myself off the Nexium but then have an episode where I think I�m having a heart attack. So I have to go back on it, I�m a 67 year old woman, people tell me I look like I�m in my early 50�s but I now feel that Nexium has contributed to more health problems instead of helping. I�ve had the dye test and no problems with my heart. Constant headaches as well. Going back to my family doctor this week to have a serious discussion about this. I have 80% Blue Cross coverage for Nexium here in Atlantic Canada but pay over $300 a month for this coverage. So I end up paying one way or the other. I still work full-time to help pay for this. Recently had to cut my hours back to 24 hours a week. Recent test show I have no more GERD so why do I need this medication? I�m on Nexium 40. Feeling very helpless.

Handyman78 | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/18/2019
Condition: Inflammation of the Stomach Lining caused by H. Pylori

I am epileptic I take phenytoin primidone and zonisamide and gerd my chest started hurting from inflammation of my stomach I been to ER to make sure it wasnâ??t my heart my heart is fine now taking nexium 40mg for about a week and Iâ??ve had anxiety Iâ??ve had headaches dizziness and blurred vision about an hour after taking nexium 40mg so I just now have called and told the doctor that prescribed it to me to see what I should do

Sad in Denver | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/15/2019
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

I started taking Nexium for GERD 4 months ago. It controlled my GERD, but side effects for me have been hair loss, elevated blood pressure and sinus congestion. Stopped it for a week and developed rebound GERD that was awful and had to resume it. Now trying to taper off of it. Wish I had never, ever started it.