I have had great results with this, since I was diagnosed 11 months ago I have been on numerous different medications. My A1C b4 beginning this was 10.4, but now my b/s stays in the low to mid 100's 2 hours after a meal with a lower carb meal plan. The only problem I've had is getting properly adjusted, I take 28 units a day and have dropped below 70 and became disoriented twice, but lower dosages...

I am taking 50 units of Lantus and it is not helping control my sugar at all.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/2/2021
Condition: Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus

Diagnosed Type I Diabetes in 1983 when I was 31. No explanation why I would develop "juvenile" diabetes at age 31. I mixed my own insulin, using Humolog R and NPH for 35 years, with satisfactory and very predictable results. Started using Lantis more than 2 years ago with 60 units each morning. Mixed results until I realized that Lantis worked GREAT for me for 12 hours and then didn't seem to work at all for the next 12 hours. When I realized that Lantis IS NOT a 24 hour insulin, I began to experience awesome results. With 60 units twice a day, I am consistently 80-130. If I go nuts and eat a dessert, resulting in a high reading, I use Humolog as a short-acting solution.

Nick | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/6/2019
Condition: Diabetes

Was on tresaba it worked super for me , but the cost was hard on me. So I tried the lantus. Itâ??s cheaper and works very well!!! Also better than Basaglar , it just did not controll at all! I am a true person who has tried every thing and several types of insulin.

Mark | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/2/2018
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I have been on Lantus Solo for 28 days, my glucose has dropped for 300-400 range to a seven day average of 138 and hope it keeps dropping. I am disciplined as to food and exercise. I take 12 units.

happy lady | 45-54 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
8/11/2017
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I have used this insulin for 7 years now. I use Tradjenta along with it and my blood sugars run 150 when fasting. it helps keep my numbers lower. I am satisfied with it. And I have no side effects.

Anonymous | 3-6 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/10/2016
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

Actually, I have a question about this drug. Several months ago I started to share the insulin with my cat who is also diabetic. I know, I know; this sounds totally nuts. Be that as it may, I recently noticed that both my cat and I are losing our hair. As the cat and I have no other factors in common besides the insulin, I wonder if that's the problem. I am not putting this product down as its worked very well for me in the past but could there be an issue due to poor storage, a bad batch, an out-dated vial, or who knows what?