This medicine treats cystic acne quickly and effectively. The only drawback is that it is very harsh on the stomach.

i have been taking this medicine for about 15 days, in starting my acne start disappearing but now its getting worse again. i m still using it though.. in first two days, when i took it, it stucked in my food pipe (i felt like that) caused severe pain and discomfort.. it also causes nausea all day and severe headaches.. it really hurts me :(

Elyssa P. | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/6/2014
Condition: Acne

I have been using this for about 3-4 weeks and it works great!! Sometimes I forget to take it for a day or two and a couple little pimples pop up. It works really well even before my menstrual cycle, which is when I tend to break out. Overall I haven't had any complaints or side effects to Adoxa.

perryray2012 | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/23/2012
Condition: Acne

It is a really good treatment for acne, these pills and the Epiduo gel work really good. Glad to finally get rid of this embarrassing self esteem lowing acne!!! There is one MAJOR problem I have with it, but it will affect all of us differently, but for me as labeled in the side affects.. Upset stomach.. My stomach gets so UPSET. Hardcore! Even when I am off it, I will have random bouts of upset stomach throughout the day, even for days off it. Last night I actually skipped taking one of the pills because my stomach was so bad I would have puked if I would have taken it. I have actually puked once from this, it's not that kind of upset stomach really, it feels like you are going to puke but you don't. It is really really annoying, sometimes i have to go into a room alone and just drop on the bed or something and take deep breathes and wait it out. My stomach is upset right now actually but it's not that bad and only lasts a couple minutes at a time. But I would defiantly rather have no acne than deal with an upset stomach!! P.S Cannabis sativa helps a lot!!!

Zain from Pakistan | 13-18 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/3/2012

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/7/2012
Condition: Acne

My doctor gave me samples of this medication and it works beautifully! So when I went to fill the script at my pharmacy I was given the generic doxycycline for $10. It did not work so well. My acne came back and may have been even worse. I spoke to my doctor and he wrote me a script for "name brand only". The name brand would cost me $475 for a 30 day script and that's with my insurance. Without insurance it would cost me $1500 a month. It should be illegal for a drug company to charge this. $50 a pill? Really? Absolutely unethical!

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/11/2011
Condition: Acne

The price for this product is absolute absurd. You can get a rebate card from your dermatologist that brings the pills down to only ten dollars. Unfortunately, if the pill is not covered under your insurance, you cannot use the card. And, OF COURSE, it's not covered under mine. I had two weeks worth of samples, and I started seeing results right away! I am completely bummed that I can't purchase these pills :( For anyone who is lucky enough to use the rebate card, DO it!