Well, i have been taking this form of birth control for about a year now and i seem to have a somewhat strange symptom-- i have absolutely no period when I'm taking this drug. Sometimes i forget to take a pill the night before and then i will have my period but other times i still have no period. My mom made me take a pregnancy test about a year ago and it came out negative. Is there anyone else w...

If you are only taking this pill to not get pregnant, technically it does work. But if you are taking it because of terrible monthly cramps or anything to lighten your period, it doesn't do. I actually had to call into work because my cramps actually got worse. I can't wait to get off of this terrible birth control! I'm always nauseas and now I accidentally missed one pill, but followed protocol a...

LShaw | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/21/2019
Condition: Premenstrual Disorder with a State of Unhappiness

Went on this in Nov 2017, had to have haul batteries out in May of 2018 due to 40 gaul stones which went ther the year prior. Gained 15 lbs in a year and felt very anxious, waking up in the middle of the night with Axiety attacks. Found out it was all because of this drug this month. Stopped immediately.

Anonymous |
1/18/2019

Gained weight, in a constant rage - just angry and anxious, fighting with everyone and can feel the anxiety boiling over. Breasts have ballooned and cramping 2 weeks before my period. Nortrel is NOT Necon

K | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/15/2018
Condition: Acne

100% DO NOT RECOMMEND! 2 years ago I struggled with acne and it cleared up but recently started coming back. I visited the doctor to look into birth control pills to regulate my period and also help my acne. I've been on the pill for about 2 months now and it has made me gain 10 pounds and I went from having small whiteheads here and there to massive cystic acne clustered on my cheeks and forehead. This pill has also caused me to suffer severe anxiety which I have not experienced before. I am definitely switching to a different birth control.

Romaine | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/2/2018
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I originally started BC to help ease my periods, so my Dr put me on Sprentec at first, but I just ended up having even longer and more frequent periods so he switched me to Notrel. When I started Sprentec, I was on my period for the first whole month, and then every two weeks after that. But with Nortel, , I had my period the first two weeks and then now about every 5-6 weeks and it'?s not nearly as heavy or long. For the first month, I did experience some bad effects of it like everyone else but since then everything has improved. Clear skin, I’ve gained weight (but that was a goal for me), no headaches or hair loss, breasts grew, sex drive is fine, I haven’t experienced dryness like other users, cramps barely happen, so I think it's? great to me. Then again, everyone's?? body is different so everyone isn't? going to have the same exact side effects.

. | 13-18 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/30/2018
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

Worst medicine ever. I was prescribed this medicine for treatment of my heavy period, and this medication only made it worse. By the second week of taking it I began vomiting from being so nauseous. Same thing on Christmas morning. I felt nauseous after taking the pill and went and threw up. The first time I got my period while taking this pill, it lasted for a whole month. It didnâ??t lighten my period at all, and it made my cramps worse. It decreased my sex drive, made me gain A TON of weight, made me breakout, and put me in an awful mood all the time. I hated this so much I just stopped because Iâ??d rather have an abnormally heavy period than deal with this.