I have breast cancer in my bones. I took zometa every month for 16 months, then every 3 months. My cancer has not moved in almost 5 years. Very few side effects, just drink plenty of water after IV.

Christy Shedd | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/2/2020
Condition: Cancer that has Spread To the Bone From Solid Tumors

Only had one infusion and now can barely get up and down or walk. I am extremely tired and can not form a complete thought. But tbe body aches are horrible. Will not get another infusion.

Sue | 55-64 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/29/2020
Condition: Osteoporosis caused by Anti-Androgen Drugs

I've been taking 6 months, (just had 2nd, 6th month infusion), to reduce risk of bone loss due to an anti-hormone drug I take following breast cancer/tumor removal. I'm hoping it's working for I have some joint pain, fatigue, and twice some strange visuals possibly related to not eating for a number of hours.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | Patient
10/30/2019
Condition: Glucocorticoid-Induced Osteoporosis Prevention

Now have jaw necrosis. Was getting once a month doses. Now taking nothing for bone strength.

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/12/2019
Condition: Cancer that has Spread To the Bone From Solid Tumors

I have HR and HER2 stage IV breast cancer metastasized to my spine. Previously I received a monthly infusion of Xgeva but was required by insurance company to try Zometa instead. The side effects started a few hours after the IV. I experienced bloating, constipation, loss of appetite, severe agitation/irritability, severe insomnia, depression and suicidal thoughts. To this day (1 1/2 months after the first IV), I still struggle with insomnia. These side effects occurred despite drinking lots of water since the IV. This drug is horrible.

Simsim | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/10/2019
Condition: Cancer that has Spread To the Bone From Solid Tumors

How can I rate this drug when I had only one treatment. I took the drug on Friday mid day. I started a headache immediately, then by evening I started to ache all over. The pain was so bad-9/10 it was impossible even to lie down. My acid reflux kicked in. This continued until the morning when I fell asleep. The next day the pain, less intense, was still there but I was exhausted. I spent the whole day in bed, dozing on and off. Today is Sunday I am exhausted and have started a cough.