I have been clear of the virus for 5 years. My doctor and I discovered by accident that my taking a .25 mg Xanax when I felt the onset of side affects, stopped the side affects cold. I would take an advil for any pain. Once I was clear of the virus, I was backed off the Xanax. I could not have made it without this help. I was on and off the treatment for 5 years. I was allowed up to 4 Xanax a...

horrible just horrible

Jilly | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/1/2019
Condition: Chronic Infection of Genotype 4 Hepatitis C Virus

I think I have been very lucky - I have taken ribavarin with Zapatier for g4 Hep c and just finished a course of 4 months. Apart from tiredness in the afternoon and odd bouts of tummy problems no side effects Jilly

Chryss | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/16/2014
Condition: Chronic Hepatitis C

I am a genotype 3 and was on trtmnt of interferon plus ribavirin for 4 months. Was suppose to be 6 but had to end early due to very serious side effects which caused me to be hospitalized. I was completely dehydrated even though all I did was sip water all day. It was all I could do. Couldn't eat, very nauseous all the time, bad headaches, depression, couldn't sleep, joint pains, body aches all over, mouth sores, extreme fatigue, low blood counts, and a red, blistered, itchy rash all over my body. Amazingly enough, the virus was UNDETECTABLE in the second week of trtmnt. and stayed that way for the 4 months on the drugs! Unfortunately, it was back within a month of having stopped the treatment. As much as I really want to be rid of this virus for good, I have decided to wait till the new drugs are approved and out on the market. In my opinion, interferon and ribavirin are two very scary drugs.

DrJ | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/18/2014
Condition: Chronic Hepatitis C

This medication is very easy to take but the side effects are serious. I took Riba / interferon / Incivek for Hep C. I had a serious rash for about 2 months. I had horrible anemia and GI side effects the entire time. Had to take anemia treatment starting a few weeks after starting treatment. The treatment worked for me and I remain cured 18 months later - so it was worth it. I'd do it all again but pray that day will never come. I was truly worried that I might not survive treatment.... Its that tough.

sywigt | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/1/2013
Condition: Chronic Hepatitis C

I was diagnoised with Hep C (G1)in 2005 and started a 48 wk treatment within 4 months. I took Riboviron and Interferon as well as numerous drugs for the treatment of side affects of the medications. I am now 7 years in remission. The treatment was horrific for me and every week when I saw my doctor I wanted to quit. I'm so thankful for his encouragement to continue the treatment.

aamer | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient