We tried many things to help my daughter with her inability to focus, her impulsiveness, and her learning disabilities. Special Education, good diet and exercise, and A LOT of homework help at home helped, but she still required a lot of redirection and one-on-one time at school from her teachers. We finally agreed with her doctor to try a medication. We tried Concerta and it was terrible. Too...

Realistically, Focalin is counter productive, as many user will agree, one of the most significant side effects of Focalin is the loss of appetite. When you stop taking the OPINION of the prescribing doctor as anything more than an educated guess, you can resort to your own knowledge and experience. Loss of appetite means lack of nutrient intake, which our bodies need in order to function properly...

GeorgeLW | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/3/2020
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I'm an adult, diagnosed as a child. I've tried generic methylphenidate, Adderall, Concerta, Daytrana, and Strattera. Focalin, at a higher dosage works great for me without any of the irritability I got from the others, minimal side effects. Taking xr 2x daily or 1x with non-xr as needed.

alex | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/3/2019
Anonymous | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/31/2018
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I'm 33 years old, and had undiagnosed ADHD my whole life (was told to get tested by schools, parents never wanted me to). Last year I finally went to see a Dr and was put on Adderall. After 3 months it was a nightmare. I had so many ups and downs emotionally, as soon as it wore off I was worse off to begin with, I kept having to increase my dose. I switched to focaliN

Jiggity | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/19/2017

This medication is powerful and not to be taken lightly. It does has side effects. As a 27 year old man with a technical career working on multi-million dollar machines this medication has helped me greatly. Downside as a married man is sex-life(it makes you feel naturally uninterested) and social life(you just don't care, I have a family and finances to run, the love is not gone just the empathy for the small things). Also there are at times, though rare, that you feel an impending doom...The impending doom I always realize at the time is false and it's just anxiousness but it does cause it some times. For me the benefits have really helped my career. It's been completely worth taking it. Learning faster and being more interested in tasks that my original self thought were mundane or would never of thought to pick up. It's helpful. I do plan to wane myself off of it and perform as normal but I feel it has helped my brain retain information and learn and take a interest in learning when I needed it most. Especially when it's your career and it's how you feed your family. Weird positive side effect it has made my bowel movements regular. Most negative weird side effect shortly after taking is gagging and or vomitting induced by my smoking tobacco habbit or eating. It makes eating breakfast very hard. Which is a shame.

Beware of side effects | 7-12 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/12/2017
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

While this drug worked for my son to focus the side effects out weighed the benefits. He has gastrointestinal issues while on it that cause extreme gas. Secondly his eyes went from 20/20 vision to 20/50 vision that glasses cannot correct all within 18 months. This is one of the severe side effects. Please beware of putting your Child on this drug.I pray his vision gets better after stopping this drug.