I am not over weight and I do not have high blood pressure, but I have had a stroke and multiple TIA's. This is the first medication to bring my cholesterol under 200, raise my good cholesterol to a healthy level, and it is the most natural cholesterol medication my doctor and I could agree on. I am impressed enough to keep taking it so I can bring my bad cholesterol down to a healthy level. My bi...

After taking this for 6 months and attributing my horrible weakness, pain and uncontrollable eating, with 14 lb. weight gain, I discontinued 6 weeks ago and have gotten a small amount of muscle control and stamina back. I will never take this drug again. Also I'm not sure if this caused a significant problem with memory and brain fog, but this too is beginning to return.

turtlelady6 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/22/2013
Condition: Combined High Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Level

I was only on it for a month because all I had were a month's worth of samples, but I noticed a big improvement in how I felt in general. My current Part D provider refuses to cover it, even after my doctor having talked to them, so it's no more Advicor for me.

birdieman | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
6/28/2013
Condition: Combined High Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Level

My Cholesterol levels have been reduced to 175 from 240 and my Triglyceride levels are perfect ----no side effects

Ric | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
10/19/2011
Condition: Heterozygous Inherited High Blood Cholesterol

I take 3 tabs a day. The first year was unbearable. After that occasional burning itching flushing. Last year I started having joint pain and sore legs. I do not recommend it but what are you supposed to do.

scoobydoo | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/24/2010
Condition: Combined High Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Level

While Advicor works great to lower my cholesterol and triglycerides, it causes massive flushing, itching, severe enough to last hours, despite taking aspirin with it, per my Dr instructions. It's bad enough of a side effect that I cannot take the meds any longer.

ouoy250 | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/15/2010
Condition: Combined High Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Level

itching,reaction ,skin turns red.