I found this drug to be somewhat effective. My hot flashes were lessened and mood swings not as severe. THEN I found about the horses that suffered horribly to produce this drug and decided to try another drug, Estradiol. That works just as well possibly better as my hot flashes are non-existent now.

rlmillis | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/17/2015
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

Liveaboard | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/18/2013
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

I took Premarin for the last 8 years for severe hot flashes. It was a wonder drug. I am now 58 and my Dr. Wants me off the drug. I stopped taking it 1-1-2013 and severe hot flashes and night sweats returned. I was off Premarin fro Jan till last week, July and cannot take it any longer. FDA just approved Paxil, generic, paroxetine CR 12.5. I started meds 2 days ago waiting for it to kick in. Side effects with Permarin, very, very tender breasts and leg cramps. I really miss this drug. I never had a night sweat or hot flashes while taking it. Anyone taking Paxil for hot flashes and night sweats?

Bruce | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/15/2013
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

I am transgenered and have committed to physical changes and accepy all risks in taking a 2.5 mg dose of eatrogen to help me have a body that I want and appreciate to be within the body that I was supposed to be born and need for a forefilled existance.

Emmanate | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
10/28/2012
Condition: Low Estrogen After Operation to Remove Ovaries

In 1979, at age 28, I had my ovaries removed and have been taking Premarin at .625 since then and I have had nothing but positive results. Each year during my physical I discuss this medication with my primary physician and they still feel this is the correct option for me.

laskancrab | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/19/2012
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

Can't live without it! No side effects at all while taking this medication; Blankets off, blankets on while not taking. Basic...total misery if I miss a few days!!