I was taking benicar htc for the last 4 months and it worked great but the cost was too high even with insurance. I changed to losartan-hctz100/12.5 which is the generic for hyzaar. It is every bit as effective as benicar with no side effects. My blood pressure without medication is 150/95. With losartan it runs 115/70. I highly recommend this cost effective medication.

I was diagnosed with high blood pressure a few years ago

Sharif | 45-54 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
11/20/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I was diagnosed with diastolic high blood pressure at the age of 36. ECG report found RBBB. BP was 110/90. started with Losertan Potassium 25mg. After taking first dose BP dropped severely. Stopped and BP got high. Took 1/2 tablet and found again extreme low BP. Dose changed to 1/4 tablet of 25 mg. Wow..I feel like I have been suffering from fatigue for last 2-3 ears. All fatigue and day sleeping signs disappeared. Continued without missing any single dose.Doses gradually increased up to 100 mg for next 10 years. After that it is not working at all. Doctor Changed to combined medication Losartan/HCT 100/12.5mg. I am 48 now. Recently sleep apnea, wait gain, shortness of eye sight and increased HbA1c(6.0)diagnosed. I feel like BP medication is not working effectively. Anyway I believe that last 12 years this medication worked for me.

Oaklandusmc | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/15/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

So far have seen moderate changes to my blood pressure. Had the amount I take increased recently. But very adaptable when it comes to taking throughout the day due to my work schedule I sometimes can take it first thing in the am.

David | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/23/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I also started Atorvastatin for cholesterol at the same time. I am experiencing diarrhea and excessive burping as though my food is not digesting properly. I am also having a severe gout flare-up.

Helen | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/3/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I believe Losartan triggered trigeminal neuralgia. The pain was unbelievable - like having root canal work without Lignocaine. It happened within an hour of taking the first dose (quarter of usual dose taken as trial in view of previous side effects, ie 12.5mg -prescribed daily dose 50mg). It also made me feel generally unwell with fatigue.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
9/26/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Helps with chest pain ,and breathing will have slight side affects but trust me will save your life i tried a lot of different kind m