I feel like the luckiest person on the planet! I have had chronic pain for over 30 years from fibromyalgia and osteoarthitis. My doctor knew me before I got sick so he knew that I was not a maiingerer and has helped me through most of this time. I did see over 20 doators and specialist and four dentists before I got a diagnosis so I've been at this for a long time. I have taken every pain medica...

Anonymous |
4/17/2021
Condition: Pain

Kh | 35-44 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
12/29/2020
Condition: Prevention of Opiate Drug Abuse

I was on methadone for 9 years because of a Vicodin addiction do to my psoriatic arthritis I recently detox myself off of it I spent six days in bed but it was the best thing I ever did methadone helped me but I ended up using it as a crutch even though I have pain still the best thing I ever did was stop taking it. It gets into your bones. I was on 100mg for years and when i left and when went back I was on 53mg for the remaining 3 years Ann's noticed no difference. I could have been on a lower dose the entire time. It helped, however I wish I hadn't allowed myself to stay on it so long. I recommend if you need it please only makes it a temporary thing. It helped me out of my funk but it's not necessary for several years of long term use. Just be strong and realize you don't need a permanent crutch. It'll just hold you back in the long run. It did to me. And I'm happier off of methadone now than I was the past 9 years. I got through my stuff I may not have without it but I learned to deal without it and there ARE other options now that aren't so addictive. I was addicted to methadone just like the vicodin. I made a choice and am happier for it today.

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/29/2020
Condition: Narcotic Addiction

This medication has saved my life more than once. I love been sober (with methadone) for over 5 years. My addiction started with OxyContin in the late 90â??s and quickly switched to heroin. Methadone gave me a chance to live a â??normalâ? life. I recommend this drug to anyone who has had multiple relapses. Itâ??s not recommended as a first option to treating opioid addiction.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/28/2020
Condition: Narcotic Addiction

I have been dosing for over two months now. Best decision I've ever made. I haven't had any craving for heroin at all.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/23/2019
Condition: Chronic Pain

Began treatment after all other pain medications ceased to work. This med is so long acting, I don't experience any "highs" or "lows". Benefits my chronic pain due to joint damage and surgical trauma. Highly recommend this medicine