The only thing that would get rid of my ulcers. I tried every other over the counter anacid and a number of perscription antacids.

It tastes like crap :-(

Monica XOXO | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/14/2021
Condition: Peptic Ulcer due to Bacteria Helicobacter Pylori

When I got to work I was literally throwing up and crapping stomach acid. So I chugged a small bottle, after I got passed the taste anyways.and it helped a bunch..haven't had heart burn, acid reflux, stomach discomfort, or excess stomach acid. I'm very satisfied with how well this worked and I got thru a whole day of work

Anonymous |
2/17/2019
Condition: Diarrhea

almost killed, passed to my blood and i lost control in my muscles and brains. 3 weeks in hospital

peptobsimol | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
2/17/2019

I almost died. be careful with the toxicity. After several years started to loose control in my muscles and ended up 3 weeks in hospital with loss consciousnesses!

Joan | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/14/2016
Condition: Indigestion

Having a pathological fear of vomiting my whole life, when I feel the sensation of nausea beginning, I pop two tabs of Pepto, and the nausea passes, usually within 20 minutes. Very effective drug!

7/9/2015
Condition: Diarrhea

I used the tablets, and had one before going to bed, and woke up to a BLACK TONGUE I thought I was dieing , I did not know this was a side effect and I was scared. Not happy about this at all. I was brushing my teeth and went to spit and it was black, I look at my tongue it was black and then the heart palpitations began and my daughter did a quick search on the internet and there you go , thanks Peptol Bismol for the scare of my life.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/16/2015
Condition: Indigestion

I had forgotten pink bismuth with all the new pharmaceuticals and tums etc. but this worked extremely well for my heartburn with so many less side effects in the warnings. Does turn your tongue black and your stool but no danger.

Pat | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month |
12/27/2014
Condition: Indigestion

After years of being very satisfied with info provided by your site I have recently found that each search misdirects or does not provide info it should. So go ahead and let your advertisers run the show. Count me as a frequent user who is abandoning your site.

davisfed2 | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/30/2014
Condition: Diarrhea

Where did you guys get your medical license? In your answer you said there was no side effects or interaction between Coumadin and pepto bismol which contains salicylates. I thought I had found a site that was reliable in giving information about drug interaction and side effects, but the information you gave me regarding taking Coumadin and pepto bismol containing salicylates was not only wrong but DANGEROUS. I will be deleting your site right now.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/31/2013
Condition: Diarrhea

Preocupa,cuando las heces se vuelven negras como carbón, y luego el ruido en el estómago cando sed come o toma algo. No informa cuántos días después se recupera el estado normal de las heces,pero es efectivo.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/17/2013
Mac | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/17/2012

Ive dealt with IBS for closer to 5 yrs after a diverticula removal. Ive been on Bentyl and/or Symax 3 times a day and have had several tests to determine my problem, which was lower bowel discomfort. Fianlly a second doctor told me to start from basic and introduce my stomach to my body again. Dropped everything to 2 pepto before breakfast and 2 before lunch with 1 bentyl at night. AMAZING results, havent felt this good in years. Dotn know if its the final solution but gives me a break form the pains Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | Patient
5/16/2011

Tried three different pairs of glasses , still connot read the directions on the bottle , I am a Senior and only use glasses to read the label is terrible , need a white background under instructions

Sickee | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month |
12/7/2010

Solved my stomache ache

audchild | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/13/2010
Condition: Ulcer of Duodenum caused by Bacteria Helicobacter Pylori

So what if it tastes less than wonderful! It works. I've had doc's trying to put me on other, more expensive...and more dangerous drugs for 20 years. Seems like all those so called more effective drugs either interact with other drugs, or have dangerous side effects for long term users. Pepto is very safe, and will not cause aluminum toxicity, or low blood pressure, or any of the other myriad of side effects the acid blockers, and proton pump inhibitors and the like cause. My motto is that, if its been around as long as I have (or longer) It not only probably works, but it's also probably more natural, and therefor safer. Besides, bismuth is a trace element that most people with ulcers are deficient in. Pig farmers use tetracycline and bismuth to heal ulcers in their pigs....kinda makes you wonder who's getting the better treatment, huh?Read More Read Less

5/24/2010
soniaferreiro | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/27/2009
Condition: Indigestion

my stool is black is that normal after drinking this medication?

test | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/30/2009

black stool

Anonymous | 13-18 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/19/2009

I have colitis and I took one pepto bismol tablet one morning but the diarrhea didn't stop so I had to take another tablet. Works good but too bad it can't be used for long because i get diarrhea everyday and I wish I could take couple of tablets everyday but I can't. I really recommend this for people who get diarrhea or other symptoms occasionally though.

Dougr | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/26/2009
Condition: Diarrhea

For those of you who don't care for the taste; get the caplets and swallow them whole. I can't stand the taste, but it help the diarrhea, so I get the caplets. Generic brand is cheaper; can only find generic CAPLETS in Miejer stores, Wal-mart only has the chewable tablets, which has the same taste as the liquid.

2/15/2009

Used this for gas(flatuence) and stomach cramps.It works.