jess | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/18/2021
Condition: Nausea and Vomiting

It did help me keep fluids down but left me tired, dizzy and gave me a lingering headache. I don't think I will be taking it outside of emergencies.

BHB | 75 or over | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/29/2019
Condition: Nausea and Vomiting

My doctor ordered this drug because the antibiotics I had to take for an infection killed my appetite and made me very nauseous. It did nothing to help.

Whatever........................ | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/17/2019
Condition: Nausea and Vomiting

Nauseous and vomiting due to opioid meds after spinal fusion does help somewhat but does give a new problem,constipation.

Ms Lee | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/28/2018
Condition: Excessive Vomiting in Pregnancy

It worked great the first two days of use although it made me feel dizzy, sleepy and gave me a slight headache but after that it just stopped working.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/28/2018
Condition: Nausea and Vomiting

The headache is worth the relief from nausea

ROSE | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
10/10/2018
Condition: Excessive Vomiting in Pregnancy

Do not use Zofran. My daughter took it for 2 weeks. She was 29 yrs old and 3 month pregnant. It was prescribed for morning sickness. It burned her insides out. She looked like she was burned from head to toe.She died 24 days after she took this drug. Love you Jess , I miss you!

Just me | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/9/2017
Condition: Nausea and Vomiting

I have really bad allergies and in the mornings I'd be nauseated from my sinuses draining to my stomach while asleep. I'd get up the next morning gagging and retching, but not really vomit anything but stomach acid. My PCP gave me Phenergan to take at night. But it wore off and the next morning it's the same old thing. But I'd take it in the mornings with Benedryl and my sinuses would stop draining and not be nauseated. My Pain Mgmt Dr. gave my Zofran (generic)and said it's stronger then Phenergan and to let it dissolve under my tongue. It tasted awful and didn't want to dissolve. I have Spinal Stenosis in my neck and 3 Degenerated disk (2 are also herniated) and still have to laid down from my lower back hurting. If I closed my eyes, it felt like I was spinning. Not like when people drink and say the room is spinning. I felt like I was tumbling with spinning (like high divers in the Olympics spinning, twist and all, haha). I'd still feel nauseated but not as bad as first thing every morning. Then around noon or so, I'd get sick again and take another half. I usually then can't eat anything until after 5 or 6 O'clock in the evening. It's 1:30 p.m. and took a half one at noon. I still feel nauseated. I prefer the Phenergan and it never made me sleepy like it does most. Well, I'd been taking it for 5 years and the first couple of times it did but then I built a tolerance and the sleepiness stopped after a a week or so.Read More Read Less

Rose | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month |
3/19/2017
Condition: Excessive Vomiting in Pregnancy

Don't take this drug Zofran. My daughter died from it. She was pregnant only 29.

merryfgdwn | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/19/2016
Condition: Nausea and Vomiting

I was given Zofran for nausea from pain medication after bone fracture then surgery. It is as effective as Phenergan without the extreme drowsiness. I did get a bad headache once but not every dose. I really like that it dissolves under the tongue and starts working quickly. It is not as effective if the nausea has already started.

Litea | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/30/2016
Condition: Nausea and Vomiting

Zofran does just cause a headache it causes extreme migraines. The next day headache is worse than the nausea. If needed for chronic nausea or chemo etc may be ok. Otherwise think twice about taking. Drs WON'T listen about this. Phenegran still best especially when knocks you out until you feel better. Why won't Drs listen about this ? Are they getting paid to prescribe Zofran? It does make you feel better but we have people able to function on this drug going out in public spreading the stomach bug because of this drug!Read More Read Less

Cygi | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/19/2015

Used for nausea due to gallbladder surgery.

Neal | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/19/2015
Condition: Nausea and Vomiting

Was given this drug in the ER d/t a drug reaction to Cymbalta. I am allergic to Compazine and this was considered a safe alternate It stopped my excessive nausea and vomiting. I had two rounds in the IV and was sent home with pills that worked very well.

britini | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/12/2015
Condition: Excessive Vomiting in Pregnancy

can someone tell me why my doctor prescribed me zofran if zofran has been not FDA approved for pregnant women. I have heard from tv ads, family, friends and FDA sights saying not to take because it causes complications with the unborn child. My obgyn stated not to pay attention to the FDA that its only 1/8 chance something would happen. why would he prescribe me something if it could possibly endanger my unborn child?

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | Patient
5/12/2015
Condition: Nausea and Vomiting

I was given this during pregnancy for severe nausea and vomiting and it helped significantly and I was able to eat a little bit. I tried to take it as little as possible (usually just one pill on the days I needed it). Then years later I had to have a prescription for this because I suffered severe pain due to a medical condition that required me to take Vicodin when pain was so severe. The Vicodin would make me nauseous (as does any strong pain med for me) and this medicine helped that nausea to go away. So this does work like it's supposed to and it's a great medicine. Read More Read Less

Gwen | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/6/2015
Condition: Prevent Nausea and Vomiting from Cancer Chemotherapy

This drug has given me horrendous headaches taking it one-half hour before taking four Votrient tablets (chemotherapy). I was switched to Compazine and Tylenol from Ibuprofen for headaches. The Compazine made a world of difference.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/13/2015
Condition: Prevent Nausea and Vomiting from Cancer Chemotherapy

Took while on chemo and radiation , never got nauseous . Now take 1/2hr before chemo and have had great results. Once I forgot to take of zofran and I will never forget again.

AmayasMommy | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Caregiver
4/6/2015
Condition: Excessive Vomiting in Pregnancy

It's the worst medicine for pregnant women who take it during their first trimester I myself have took this medicine an my baby girl came out with a cleft palate an her bone wont grow in her mouth an had two surgeries already In her short two year life more to come because of the docter an the manufacturer of the med lied to me about the side affects of zofran an illegally off labled prescribed it to me. I know suffer heart problems also. Prolonged QT right bundle branch blockage and nitro valve prolapse. I also loved Zofran. I was prescribed it on an as need basis. Look at what I am now suffering. My daughter will suffer the rest of her life because of this medication i thought was god himself in a pill. I will never forgive GlaxoSmithKline for the horror they have caused in my life.. Just because some of these women have had babies safely on this medication don't mean it's safe. This medicine is not at all approved by the FDA for use during pregnancy yet doctors earn Lamborghinis and Ferraris for writing so many prescriptions for GlaxoSmithKline. It's illegal. GlaxoSmithKline was sued by the government for $3billion for fraudulently pushing this medication off label to doctors. With profitable gain. My daughters mouth isn't growing because of these selfish rich scum and once do you think they have thought about what it has done to her. No. Why. Because they are making millions a day off of this un safe non FDA approved medication that can even cause death in mother and baby. Thank about it. I would rather be sick then to be stupid and take the riskRead More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
2/28/2015
Condition: Nausea and Vomiting

Im a gastric bypass patient. Ever since surgery I always suffer of dumping syndrome and everything I eat makes me nausea...by the way I love my surgery will but that's the side effect I have to deal with. but anyway ZOFRAN HAS BEEN THE BEST MEDICATION INVENTED IN THE MARKET.....

kitkat50 | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/4/2015
Condition: Nausea and Vomiting caused by Cancer Drugs

it works well

vkbaker | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/12/2014
Condition: Nausea and Vomiting

I have been nauseated without vomiting from post-concussion syndrome, and this drug made such a difference. The nausea was greatly reduced but some side effects are also uncomfortable such as blurry vision, and stomach cramping pains. Also, the pharmacy never told me to let it dissolve on my tongue - I found out by reading about it after it didn't seem to be working. If you are miserable with nausea, it is worth the side effects to stop the nausea.