mcdrmbldr | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/16/2010

Have plantar fasciitus. Podiatrist gave shots of 4 mg each. Two shots each session coupled with anti-inflamatory drug. Dr. told me no severe side effects. He only had heard about insomnia and a red flushing of the skin. I experienced insomnia, increased appetite, weight gain, irregular periods along with breakthrough bleeding, mood swings, headaches (almost like migraines---and I have never had those before) and worst of all, I have now developed cataracts. I also experienced a racing pulse during one session where he gave me three shots instead of two. I have been taking the shots for almost 3 months now, every two weeks. My right foot is better, and the left isn't close. Am not sure what option there is, but I am not sure cataracts was worth fixing the feet. Now I will have to have cataract surgery in the future. Only other option would be to kill the nerve. If you are diabetic (I am not), this would be a bad option. Not sure about using the medicine for plantar fasciitis, but certainly would have been nice if Dr. knew the side effects better than WebMD.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient