I am writing this review because before going on Kariva, I almost asked my doctor to switch me based on the reviews I read on this website and others. Well let me say, five months in and I am VERY happy with Kariva! I had some headaches, appetite changes, and mood swings the first couple of months. Since then, my acne has cleared up, I have not gained weight, my periods are shorter. My pharmacy f...

I don't use this medication for birth control, I use it for the price (which can't be beat). But I do not like it. I have increased cramp, moodiness, and longer, heavier periods. I would not recomend it to anyone. In fact I just finished this set of pills and did not order any more.

E | 13-18 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/19/2021

I've been on Kariva for 8 months and love it. I am also on Accutane and needed to get on BC, but I haven't experienced any bad side effects. I take the pill at the same time everyday and it works great. My period comes at the same time every month and only lasts around 4 days. I think it also helped with lightening my flow. I plan to stay on the drug even after I am off of Accutane.

Yu | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/10/2019
Condition: Painful Periods

First 3 months were ok, but after that I got migraines, horrible sleep, tons of breast cysts. The cysts got so bad that I'm not running between doctors trying to figure out if any of them are cancerous lumps. This medicine has ruined my summer and my life in general. CVS switched me to this after I was on Azurette without issues for 2 years. I've completely stopped taking it and I'm already seeing improvement.

Mandy | 13-18 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/23/2019
Condition: Absence of Menstrual Periods

I went on the pill for my irregular periods and acne, but it just made my acne worse and gave me severe anxiety and paranoia. It has hurt my relationship and my self esteem. I donâ??t feel like myself anymore and I will be going if this birth control as soon as possible.

MH-Houston | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/10/2018

Used it for 20 years then got pregnant the month after I stopped using it. Never noticed any side effects.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/28/2016
Condition: Acne

I love this pill! My skin cleared up 100% (besides the scars I still have). I experienced no side effects at all. Im actually upset because my pharmacy just switched me to the generic brand, Pimtrea. I wish I could stay with this pill.