I have been on this medication for 6 years. I started out on premarin, and had headaches, with nervousness. Doctor tried me on Clamira 0.05mg. And it was wonderful. Made me feel like my old self again. I like the idea of taking a low dose of hormone. And this one of the lowest they make. Plus no pill to take. Change patch once a week and I'm good to go. Be sure when you put it on that you rub for ...

This patch DOES NOT stay on. I have to use Tegaderm to keep this patch on. Terrible. Don't use this generic patch.

Cheri | 45-54 | Transgender | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/2/2022

Taking for GAHT and have been given two different brands over the years because I hated injections.. They stay on, just eliminate any oils with alcohol pad first! They are effective and do the job.

TooHotMomma | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/29/2022
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

I have used this brand of patch for ~3 years now, and have recently had a batch that is ineffective, making me suspicious of this company's quality control. My symptoms were fully controlled earlier this year when I got a new box and started noticing my symptoms were returning. Happened to still have an older box of an earlier lot number, so tried those and boom, symptoms gone. Go back to the "bad" lot number - symptoms returned. Tried putting on two patches from the "bad" lot. Got some control of symptoms but still not like normal. My mail order pharmacy was USELESS with this matter, so I'm stuck having to ask my doctor to order the brand name instead and pay $100+ a month instead of the $11 or so these cost. But I guess that is how it works in American health care.Read More Read Less

Gisele | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/28/2022
Condition: Low Estrogen After Operation to Remove Ovaries

They switched and I started taking Mylan for about two months. The itching, the sliding off, stick that you can see it through clothing and not to mention how big it is on my black rear end. Now they switch me back to Estradiol patch. It’s not too big, clear And it doesn’t itch. Good riddance.

Susan Smith | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/7/2022
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

I have used a hormone patch for a decade and recently went from Vivelle dot to Mylans. It turns the skin under the patch red and raw. Then when I remove it, the area gets rough and crusty. Then it itches The area takes somewhere between 24 to 48 hours to start clearing up. Not satisfying and useless because it can’t stay on long enough to work.

Mylan Estradiol | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/21/2022
Condition: Low Estrogen After Operation to Remove Ovaries

Patch came off with any little sweat , water any moisture, doesn't last one week , must change 1-2 days after applying. Useless. Big round patch. USELESS

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/8/2022
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

It's a big, thick patch. Sweat collects underneath, so it gets very itchy after a day or so. Doesn't stay on. The glue migrates to edges and comes out, also itchy and irritating. Not convinced it really works, as I'm having hot flashes. The climara patch worked well for me. This mylan product should not be considered an alternative at all. It may be significantly cheaper, but it's not worth the trouble.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/30/2022
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

Pharmacy switched me out of the blue from Sandoz to Mylan patch. Was using Sandoz without issue for 18 months. I have no issues with the Mylan patch coming off, but as others have mentioned, it’s huge and looks like a giant piece of moleskin. My biggest issue is that I’m having hot flashes again, my insomnia has returned, and I’m feeling more anxious. Plan to talk to Gyno about requesting Sandoz.

Mylan | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
7/11/2022
Condition: Low Estrogen After Operation to Remove Ovaries

My prescription provider recently changed from Sandoz to Mylan. I used the Sandoz for 19 years without a problem. The Sandoz patch is a thin film like scotch tape. The Mylan patch is big and THICK--thicker than the pad of about 2 bandaids, or maybe best compared to moleskin that's used for blisters. It moves a bit and gets caught on my underwear and then comes off. I'm very unhappy.

Lynne | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/7/2022
Condition: Postmenopausal Urethral Atrophy

The patch was recently changed from a small clear patch to one 8-9x its size; the new, unsightly patch requires surgical tape to keep it in place! And my age range isn't even a choice here!!

Rae | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/5/2022
Condition: Post-Menopausal Osteoporosis Prevention

I’ve been on the estradiol 1mg twice weekly patch by Mylan for the last 6 years for post menopausal symptoms and to prevent osteoporosis. The pharmacy changed to a different generic patch which my body found inferior to the Mylan brand. I am also a stage four cancer patient and due to treatment also depleting my bone density as well as my post menopausal state one can understand why trying to reserve bone density is my number one priority. The pharmacy is supplying me with the Mylan brand once again and again my post menopausal symptoms are gone and my bone density test looks better than it then it did one year ago on the other generic brand. My advice would be to listen to your body it will tell you if it’s working or not. After all every woman’s body is different.Read More Read Less

Helen | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/28/2022

Out of 8 patches in the pack, 4 were too dry and couldn’t be attached, had to throw them away

Whatever | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/16/2022
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

Patches do not stay on. This is a lousy product. God knows how much Oestragen I'm taking by constantly replacing the patches.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/15/2022
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

I hate this patch. It doesn’t stay on more than 3 days and is so bulky.. I will ask my Dr. to switch me to what I had before- it was so much smaller, transparent and stayed on.

Jonmwagner171 | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/29/2022

Taking for Gender affirming hormone therapy (GAHT). 50 year old born a male. It is easy to apply and stays on, I have used rite aid and cvs brands. side effect lint gathers around edges of patch but guess that is a necessary evil to get estrogen into my body. I wear 2 patches changes 2 times a week. My skin is a lot softer.

Cynthia L. | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/19/2022
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

This patch does not stay on, and if that isn't bad enough it causes redness and rash where the patch was placed. I have used other patches for years without any side effects, but this patch by Mylan is terrible. If you are new to hormone therapy, please know that this patch isn't typical and that there are other brands that stay on and won't cause skin pain and irritation.

TJ | Female | Patient
5/5/2022
Condition: Low Estrogen After Operation to Remove Ovaries

Unlike other brands the Mylan is thick and will not stay on. You can wear about 2 days before they fall off. I highly recommend the other generic brands that make the thin, clear patches. Alvogen and Sandoz. For some reason my pharmacies try to push the inferior brand of Mylan on me. I can't wear them and won't pay the same price for product that doesn't work as well.

53yr old MSN | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/3/2022
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

The Mylan generic is the worst “medication” I have ever taken. I have always been a proponent of generic until THIS. I was on Dotti 0.1mg & was switched to this by Express Scripts. Within 24 hours, my head sweats like crazy, the breast tenderness is horrific, vaginal changes are miserable & worst, anxiety & depression that I have ONLY experienced when I was not using estrogen has returned. I switched back to Dotti & EVERYTHING resolved for a month. Now the insurance company has argued about my date of refill!?? & i have been off Dotti for 3 days forced to use the remaining Mylan generic for 4 days & I am laying on my couch with breast pain so terrible I can’t even brush my arm against them & anxiety & feeling like I can burst into tears at any moment. It is cruel that our system is so $ driven that I have to suffer because insurance would not give my my brand patch Dotti on the day it was due. They notified me they would be “holding it.” It’s not Fentanyl people, it’s an Estrogen patch! (That is life to me!) I would have never believed this, but Im telling you Mylan feels like there’s NOTHING on this patch! I tried a different box thinking maybe it was a bad lot, but no. I am an advanced practice nurse of 30 years & know what I am talking about. I wouldn’t prescribe this generic to anyone. Check reviews on it’s ineffectiveness & you will find as I did, desperate for answers, that MANY women had this same experience. It is a travesty that women’s health for menopause is so grossly under treated & medical care is dictated by insurance company. I don’t know what they have put on this patch, but it certainly isn’t estradiol 0.1mg! Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/26/2022
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

Im just on my second week with the Estradiol patch and already have lessened symptoms. Im sleeping through the night with little to no hot flashes as well as during the day. I have not had any problems with the patch adhering to my skin or adverse reactions. Im so happy I am using this patch.

Theresa | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
2/7/2022
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

I use the 2 patch a week .05 system and it works great. No sleepless nights, no more hot flashes and it has removed my achy joints. Not to mention my attitude has improved greatly. I’ve never had a problem with the patch falling off it works great.

Nat | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/13/2022
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

Having servere perimenopause symptoms. This patch has been a life saver. Starts coming off after a day or so so have to use tape and gives me some redness but nothing severe.