Have been taking 750 mg three times a day for the last 8 years. Works quite well. There have been a few times I have had to supplement with Entocort (corticosteroid, very good quality!) if I flare up. Always the flare-ups have happened because of poor food choice. As the years go by, there are fewer flare-ups due to the learning curve! The only difficulty I have had with Pentasa is remembering to ...

has not helped my Crohn's but gave me OsteoArthritis,Osteopenia,and Osteoperosis from the amount of Steroids in this medication.

claudette | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/9/2018
Condition: Crohn's Disease

Been ordering my medicine from Universal Drugs in Canada. Excellent service and prices so much cheaper then here for Pentasa 500mg. The drugs are shipped from the United Kingdom or Turkey. US customs gave me problems at first but none now have several orders. Doctor here fax the prescription to Canada.

claudette | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
10/14/2017
Condition: Crohn's Disease

started taking Pentasa 10 months ago, 8-500 mg daily, then reduces to 4-500 mg daily and seem to be doing well....and blood test have been good also

FightingForACure | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/4/2017
Condition: Crohn's Disease

Took this medication for Chron's disease for just over a month I had more flare ups on this than my entire life! I've strictly followed the proper diet. Unfortunately it's the only drug I can take right now for this disease due to other health complications I stopped taking it several days ago and now I feel heaps better!

SG | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Caregiver
10/14/2016
Condition: Crohn's Disease

My son was diagnosed with mild/moderate Crohn's in late 2015. He was 15 at the time of diagnosis and has been on 4000mg of Pentasa per day. My son experienced no side effects. Pentasa appears to be ineffective in my son's case since tests in Aug '16 showed worsening of the condition. My son's doctor increased dosage to 4500mg/day and was able to get approval for Remicade. My son received his first Remicade infusion several days ago.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/3/2016
Condition: Ulcerative Colitis currently Without Symptoms

This medication is a little expensive, but it is very worth it for me. Little to no side-effects and the medication has all but taken my symptoms away.