Older antidepressant, caused some weight gain, but is a tried and true intervention that more experienced psychiatrists love to use. I would recommend this med to anyone. Helped me sleep, raised my mood, put color back into my life, helped significantly lower anxiety level.

My allergist prescribed this for me for severe chronic hives. I don't think it is working. I still have hives. Been on it for one month and in that time I have gained 15 pounds and I am not happy about that. My diet and exercise have NOT changed. I would rather have hived than the weight gain. I am going to suggest to the allergist to take me off this med.

Ken | 65-74 | Male | Patient
1/17/2018
Condition: Nerve Pain

My neurologist prescribed this for peripheral neuropathy pain 15 years ago. I'm 65 yrs old & take 50 mg. daily. I can walk now without pain. This RX is useful for more than depression.

TessAnn818 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
7/29/2016
Condition: Anxiousness associated with Depression

I switched to this medication from an SSRI that was unsuccessful in helping my anxiety and depression. I really do like the effects of the Doxepin. It helps me fall asleep and stay asleep, reduces anxiety and OCD, and improves my mood. I do have dry mouth sometimes to the point that I feel like I have cotton mouth and no amount of water helps. This medication greatly reduced my sex drive so that isn't fun but it has been great for my anxiety and depression so I have stuck with it.

Mike | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
12/31/2014
Condition: Anxiousness associated with Depression

I have been on a single 10mg Doxepin capsule daily for years. I take it just before going to bed. I've been skipping it every other day for about 3 weeks, due to being close to running out of them. My mail order pharmacy screwed up the newest prescription date my doctor called in to them early November, and they wouldn't release them to me. I only now (12/30/14) appear to have finally got that issue cleared up. Anyway, it appears that me missing taking this every day has caused me to relapse into a depressive state now and again. Anxiety, fear of death, and crying. Can just taking this drug for every other day (rather than daily as I'm supposed to) for 3 weeks cause a relapse such as this? I wouldn't have believed it, but something is sure going on. I have about enough pills left to last me 2 weeks (if taken every day). Hopefully the pharmacy will send the new ones before them. If anybody has a comment for me, please leave one. Thanks!

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/13/2014

5ofsix | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/4/2014

I am prescribed this to help with pain management for a returning brain tumor. Non malignant