I take guaifenesin as part of the guaifenesin protocal for Fibromyalgia. It has been almost a complete salvation of allowing my to still function at a full time job and wean off most of the other prescribed meds I was on. I know that Fibro is not what guai is designed for, but when used in conjunction with the Protocol, it has been a wonderful tool.

Tried it once 2 weeks ago for Bronchitis. Did nothing for me.

Family of 4 | Caregiver
5/17/2021

Our family uses Guaifenesin when cold or allergies symptoms arise. Before taking this medication, our family members struggled with mucus and phlegm. Our youngest member cannot expel it naturally and needs this medication to thin it. The pill is large but easy enough to break or use a knife to break it in half for easy consumption. Does have a bitter taste but it’s medication so drink plenty of water. Can cause nausea so better if taken during a meal.

Activetraveler | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
10/18/2020

As strange as this may sound, I have found that good old Mucinex, that is, active ingredient *guaifenesin,* really helps amazingly with my stiff and achy hip/haunch muscles, tendons, and ligaments. I suffered a very minor injury years ago, but the area around it became stiffer and more painful over time. I noticed once when I had a bad cold and was taking the usual cold remedies that my hip area felt suddenly better. I narrowed it down to the effect of guaifenesin. Since then, I have found that many fibromyalgia sufferers also report an amazingly beneficial effect of guaifenesin on their stiff muscles! It really does work, is sold over-the-counter, and I notice no side effects. They make 600mg tabs, but even 1/2 per day really helps me. I hope it helps you too!!

TX19 | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/1/2019
Condition: Cold Symptoms

Had a flu like illness that kept coming a going for couple of months. Chronic respiratory issues (asthma, copd) were compounding the problem. Tried this at sonâ??s recommendation bc he had used it once. It was literally like I had taken a magic pill! I have been plagued with mucus in throat constantly for a couple of years. After first dose, the next morning, coughed it up and out as soon as I woke up. Took one more dose the next day, and all symptoms disappeared. More amazingly, the phlegm and mucus that has interfered with my breathing and kept me tired for 2 years has simply vanished. 2 weeks later, still no flu bug, but used 1 dose when mucus increased significantly one night. Immediately cleared again. I honestly feel like this stuff has changed my life for the better. I had resigned myself to the ongoing mucus and exhaustion from struggling to breathe. I feel like I have been able to get more oxygen in my lungs over the last 3 weeks than I have in 3 years. If you have to deal with excess mucus and phlegm, you owe it to yourself to try it. I had resigned myself to deteriorating lung capacity and minimal improvement from breathing exercises. This medicine has given me a new lease on life. Hopefully it will help you too.

sql4fun | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/28/2018
Condition: Cough

I have thyroid disease and can't take most medications. This product does work but it will take a bit of time. It is not a miracle cure but helps your body in loosening up the mucus. It has been 24 hours since I started taking it and my cough has dramatically lessened. When I cough, there is actual mucus in it instead of being a dry hack. Now I have something to use when I get sick.

Jan | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
10/17/2017

I have COPD with chronic bronchitis and heavy mucous production. I have been using this for years and couldn't live without it. If you take a big dose, you'll immediately cough up whatever there is to cough up. However, I see here that some people think it's being used to get high. It is absolutely important that you buy cough medicine that ONLY has guaifenesin and does not have dextromethorphan or pseudoephedrine. THEY are what people use to get high. Plain Guai does not make you high in any way. I have taken large amounts for years and have never had the first side effect. Kids with cystic fibrosis take it to thin mucous as well. The plain stuff is not easy to find. Just be sure it does not say DM or D or CF after the "Tussin" name.