I have a history of diverticulosis. Twice now when food got trapped in the intestine pockets, I have been prescribed Lactulose. When I asked how this worked so quickly to eliminate my pain, the doctor explained this medication acts as a magnet to enter the pockets and then eliminates the rotting food particles trapped in there. It creates moisture and sends it on its way thru the intestines where...

MY DOCTOR HAS PRESCRIBED THIS FOR APPROXIMATELY 8 YEARS! I HAD TO INCREASE AND INCREASE THE DOSAGE FOR IT TO WORK, SO NOW I HAVE TO TAKE THE STRONGER LINZESS WITH IT. IT DOES GIVE ONE GAS. I ALWAYS THOUGHT CONTINUED USE OF A LAXATIVE WAS BAD FOR US? WHY DOES MY DR. KEEP ME ON IT FOR SO LONG? BECAUSE I'D NEVER GO WITHOUT IT (I HAVE A TWISTED COLON) AND NOW I THINK I HAVE A BLOCKAGE…….BELLY...

BSR | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/23/2021
Condition: Impaired Brain Function due to Liver Disease

I have cirrhosis. Had a T procedure done. Dr felt I was young enough and my liver would still filter enough toxins. She was wrong. Lactulose solved the encephalitis issue. Cleans your system thoroughly. Without it I would likely be institutionalized or pass on if it resulted in a coma. Great medication for my case.

Nanny Deb | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/23/2021
Condition: Incomplete or Infrequent Bowel Movements

Had major surgery and still deal with Carcinoid Cancer and have bad constipation. After 1st dose of Lactulose I experienced Severe cramping in upper to mid back area - I thought I was having a heart attack! Eventually it did help with constipation but who wants to go thru that? I found a daily drink of home brewed Kefir Water works naturally and quite well. If I have any more issues I will try Olive Oil! Great advice, go natural.

rapidcycler | 45-54 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
12/21/2018
Condition: Incomplete or Infrequent Bowel Movements

I suffer from constipative IBS. It was prescribed by my gastroenterologist over 20 years ago to produce bowel movements. I love this drug as a laxative. A couple of tablespoons will generally produce a bowel movement within 24 hrs...COMFORTABLY. I appreciate the lack of cramping and tenesmus. Now, at 52, I need it after procedures requiring narcotic painkillers mainly. I get horribly constipated from them. Unfortunately doctors are not familiar with it as a laxative and freak out when I request a liver drug...Works great as a laxative.

Pammiepi | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/29/2018
Condition: High Amount of Ammonium in the Blood

I suffer from Liver Disease so I accumulate high (according to blood tests, "critical") amounts of ammonia in my blood. I used Lactulose early on as prescribed, but also was given Xifaxan, a broad-spectrum antibiotic, which does the same thing PLUS it treats IBS-D, which I also have! Unfortunately, Xifaxin is super expensive, which is ashame, since it treats BOTH IBS-D

julie | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient