I am a 51 yr old female & before I was diagnosed I felt like I was 90. I shuffled, had inner & outer tremors, loss of balance, light incontinence, severe body aches & pains & was tired all the time. The meds were like a miracle. I felt like I got my life back. Almost all of the symptoms have gone away. I still feel tired a lot but mostly its because I feel better & push myself to do too much.

I'VE BEEN TAKING THIS FOR THE LAST 5 WEEKS, I CAN SEE ANY CHANGE IN MY SHAKING. I AM FLOUSTRATED WITH THIS CONDITION. AND WOULG WANT TO HAVE STEM-CELL RESARCH APPROVED BY THE U.S GOV.

Beth | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/30/2021

I have Essential Tremor that has affected almost every aspect of my life from bathing, dressing, eating, driving, talking, writing and walking. I have run the gamut of usual meds for ET and my Doctor tried carb-levo. It was horrible - nausea, water retention, sleepiness, severe dizziness and nothing positive. I was so disappointed again. I need something to help me just get through the day a little easier. I wish this had worked for me.

Bonnie J | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/29/2020
Condition: Parkinson Symptoms

At first it seemed to help but going into the third week I was extremely nauseous, dizzy and couldnâ??t think straight! My tremors never went away. I had to slowly go off the medication because of all the bad side effects. I had wicked eye pain and had difficulty walking. There has to be something better out there than this wicked medication!

Natalie | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
2/22/2020
Condition: Parkinson's Disease

I am exhausted all of the time and am shaky much of the time. Also my walking is not good and I use a walker all the time. I am frustrated and have lost interest in many of the things I did before.

Gary | 75 or over | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/14/2019
Condition: Parkinson's Disease

I started using Carbidopa-Levodopa ER 25/100 - 3 a day without side effects but also no symptom relief. Dr increased dosage to 50/200 - 2 a day which caused severe nausea all day without any relief of symptoms so I figured I hate the way it makes me feel and isnâ??t helping with symptoms so I stopped taking it. My general physician recommended a different neurological physician who prescribed NeuPro patches, started at 2 mg and increased the dosage to 3 mg and then to 4 mg which I still use. Then I decided to try carbidopa-levodopa again, I started with 25/100 2 times a day and my tremors lessened without noticeable side effects so I switched to 50/200 2 times a day and tremors stopped completely for about a month then they returned to my left hand. The Dr just upped the dosage to 3 a day but havenâ??t noticed much if any change but still do not have side effects that are caused by the Cardidopa-Levodopa. Read More Read Less

Gary | 75 or over | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/13/2019

Rls sew | 75 or over | Male | Patient
10/22/2018

I have restless leg syndrome. I recently increased my dose of er at night and got the first nights sleep in a long time

Dewey | 65-74 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/20/2017
Condition: Parkinson's Disease

Increasing my med (carbo ) from 3 times per day to 4 times per day made a big difference.

Leigh | 55-64 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/12/2017
Condition: Extreme Discomfort in Calves when Sitting or Lying Down

I can only take a half pill at a time or I am extremely dizzy and it puts me to sleep. I am taking this for restless leg syndrome. I also have bulging discs and this medicine helps with the pain and discomfort from that as well.

Jules | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/14/2016
Condition: Parkinson Symptoms

It literally has given me back my life. I have freedom of movement, more energy and no brain fogginess. I occasionally have a problem with the first dose of the day, I may have severe nausea, but I've learned to eat a cracker and have a sip of water. In the beginning I felt like a pulling sensation in my neck, but that has disappeared. I currently experience a nervous twitch, I constantly want to move my foot or my body. I can control it, once it starts, I take a deep breath and relax my body. It's been 2 months since I started taking the medicine. I'm up to the full dose. I'm hoping the nervous twitch eventually stops. I see my neurologist next month to review my progress and if at that time, I'm still experiencing the nervous twitch, I'll bring it to his attention. This medicine has made all the difference for me. Two months ago I could barely type, today I'm typing this with no problem. I'm hoping this medicine will continue to work for a long time, until at least a cure can be found. Read More Read Less

WebMD | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/23/2016

Prescribed for RLS, has made an increase in my shakiness, causing me to loose balance more often. No stomach or actual brain effects. No ease of RLS symptoms.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/7/2016

Reduces my symptoms.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/1/2016
Condition: Extreme Discomfort in Calves when Sitting or Lying Down

My legs will hurt so bad when sitting for long periods of time a leg will jump for no reason. This drug helps me to at least lay down and relax and fall asleep.

Richard | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/28/2015
Condition: Parkinson's Disease

60 yr old male, 25/250 3/x day, diag’d 2009, symptoms since 2007. I also am on 4mg Neupro patch. Have tried most other PD meds, this is probably the best I've come across. W/o meds: tremors (esp jittery legs); slight cognitive impairment, moderate memory issue; significant sleep issue. Side-effects: First dose of the day always causes nauseousness (no dystonia YET) Effectiveness: when ‘on’, it reduces tremors significantly, but not totally Time of effectiveness: takes approx 30 mins to work, lasts 1-1/2 to 2 hrs. More effective: when taken a minimum of 1 hr before/after ANY food, esp high protein (and perhaps iron - still trying to determine this) Other factors involved: stress is the biggest factor increasing tremors; I do about 15 mins of strenuous exercise 5-6x/wk As you can see, the benefit from this drug under this dosage regimen is limited to 6 hrs/day at best. And sometimes it is just more effective than other times.Read More Read Less

onmyown | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
8/12/2014
Condition: Parkinson's Disease

husband has just been diagnosed with parkinson's disease he also has MS diagnosed in1988, what type of treatment and how does one end up with both diseases

kimfie | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
7/2/2014

Terry | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/23/2014
Condition: Parkinson's Disease

When I posted about 3 weeks ago I had been on 25/250 carbidopa/levodopa for 1 week and 25/100 for 1 month previous. I have now been on 25/250 (3x per day) for about 4 weeks and the difference this drug has made in my life is amazing. I have got my balance back 100%. Before I was bouncing off the walls from loss of balance. Before my right wrist was very sore and stiff and I could not even butter a piece of bread. Now I have no more pain, can move it and have no more problem buttering bread. I can walk normal again where before I always dragged my foot. I also have my appetite back where before I was never hungry and was losing weight. My moods have improved also (don't know if that is from the drug working on the brain, or because my body feels better, thus improving my moods. As I said the difference is amazing and all in 2 months only. Also I have not had any side effects at all. I have also been careful about my protein intake as protein can affect how the pills work. I am really happy with this medication so far Read More Read Less

carolyn | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
4/8/2014
Condition: Parkinson's Disease

makes my husband very sick to his stomach,but works very good on his temors.

cadkins1730 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/30/2014
Condition: Parkinson Symptoms

I thought at first I was cured, the pain and spasms decease considerably, However the effect of the drug is wearing off and find myself taking more than prescribe. I'm wondering what are the side effects of taking to much.

Terry | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/29/2014
Condition: Parkinson's Disease

Found out I had Parkinson's 2010. Did not take medication until Feb. 2014 when I started banging against the walls and had a fall. Bad balance problems and right wrist really sore and stiff. Started on 25/100 for a month and after 3 weeks pain in wrist gone and I can move it again. Some improvement in balance.Doc now has me on 25/250 for 1 week now. I am one of the lucky ones and have not had any side effects at all. Am glad I went on this medication so far.

an | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient