I was prescribed this medicine for a UTI. I didn't notice any symptoms until night time while I was sleeping. The first day I took it I had three nightmares in a row and I NEVER have nightmares. The second night, I believe I just had one more but I new it had to be the medicine b/c I normally have peaceful sleep.

Do not take this drug!! If you doctor prescribes this for a bacterial infection, immediately ask for something else. It can kill you! It almost killed me!!

Hanna | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/6/2022
Condition: Infection due to Nocardia Bacteria

I had an allergic reaction to this medicine on day 9 out of the 10 prescribed. My entire body was covered in itchy red rashes. I went in and saw a doctor who told me to stop taking the antibiotics and take two Zyrtecs (allergy medicine) per day. I had to take one in the morning and one at night for a few days and then go back to normal, one Zyrtec per day.

rneowlxnxhe | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/30/2022
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

i took this 2x daily for 3 days for a uti. no side effects and felt much better by the second day

richard | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/8/2022
Condition: Infection due to Salmonella paratyphi Bacteria

this medicine gives me flu like symptoms with body aches and lethargy . i had to stop taking it

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/4/2022
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

I was to take this med for 10 days, was fine the first 8 days. On the 9th day I developed a rash from head to toe, you could not see any of my skin which was covered with this rash and mean every single part of my body. I had shortness of breath and could barely walk, couldn't comprehend what people were saying. It was horrible! DO NOT TAKE THIS MED.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/16/2022
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection due to E. Coli Bacteria

I was prescribed sulfameth/trimeth ds 800/160 mg, twice a day, 12-hour gap in between for 3 days for a MILD case of UTI. All I was told was that I may experience a stomach ache and sensitive skin... I wish that was all I experienced. The first dose, I was depressed, had a headache, and had trouble sleeping. Woke up with a stomach ache, felt nausea, and as time passed, my brain began to feel a little fuzzy, had a slight headache, chest pains, and heavy breathing. The second dose, after 5 hours, I had brain fog. I was confused. I had difficulty concentrating. This happened during work and I was struggling to form proper sentences and pronounce words. I was struggling to speak because I couldn't even think of what I wanted to say. I swear people thought I was drunk. The chest pain came back, I felt my heart suddenly racing, my body was shaking, I began panicking and was getting emotional. Afterward, my breathing became heavy again and my body became weak. I was so tired, I felt like all of my energy was just slowly draining and thought I was going to pass out. Once the side effects began wearing off, my face felt puffy and looked red. It’s now been hours since that experience and I still cannot sleep and continue to feel a little shaky. I feel like I’m not even fully present in my body. I am praying that the effects continue to wear off and leave my system and that I don’t experience any more side effects but after reading others' experiences as well, I am terrified that there may be more to come. The list of side effects is INSANE! This drug is so dangerous, it is NOT worth the risk!Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/29/2021
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

The reviews gave me more anxiety than the actual medication. I had no serious side effects. I only experienced migraines during the first 2 days and some leg pain that I took ibuprofen for in the following days (i took it twice daily for 7 days). I took this because the previous antibiotic did not work on me and my infection came back the next day. But this antibiotic works, although it’s very strong. I felt relief in merely a few hours. But seriously, stop reading these, you’ll give yourself a panic attack like i did. Most people only write reviews when they had a terrible experience, so read mine with some comfort knowing that.Read More Read Less

Rosemary | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/8/2021
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

I was prescribed this medication for a UTI. After taking it, I started vomiting and fainted on the floor in my vomit, I thought I had heat stoke because I had just finished cutting the grass in the front and back yard, but I found that very odd because I cut the grass in hot weather all the time several times per week because I live in Florida. I also cut it early in the morning 7:45AM the coolest part of the day. I never had any sign of anything like this before from cutting grass in warm weather. Not thinking it was the Bactrim, I took another pill for the evening dosage. The same results occurred vomiting, fainted and shaking. I have bruises my right knee and right hip from the fall when I hit the floor fainted. I was all alone in my house with no one else to help me! I just read the dark blue label and it says You should avoid prolonged excessive exposure to direct sun while taking this medicine. I was not on the medication before cutting the grass. I took it after I came in the house. This is an extremely dangerous drug. I highly DO NOT recommend it! Read More Read Less

Anonymous | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/22/2021
Condition: infection

This medicine set off my tayctacardia big time! Don’t take if you have any issues with your heart!

Maggie | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
6/19/2021
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection Prevention

My daughter was given this for a uti and she had vomiting, body aches, back pain,extreme weakness with no appetite. This was like handing my child poison to take and after talking to a nurse I work with she had to be hospitalized after 4 days of this drug. Buyer beware DO NOT TAKE THIS

AR | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/18/2021
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

I was taking Bactrim 2x a day for 5 days for a possible UTI. My condition ended up not being related to a UTI but I did want to write a positive review since the reviews tend to be more negative. I experienced absolutely no side effects from this drug. However, working in the medical field, I do notice that many patients can be allergic to this drug so I definitely say use with caution. But I personally had no issues with this medication.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | Patient
4/25/2021

Last day to take this medecine and i got skin rashes all over my body..

CRICKEY | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/6/2021
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection due to E. Coli Bacteria

Hospitalized after taking this medication avail OTC to tread a UTI. An hour after taking I had debilitating aches in arms and legs, crying in pain. Second time taking it to this effect - last time the hospital said the illness was from UTI bugs in my blood - after a second round with same reaction, we now know it is the Trimethopim. Steer clear.

aynew | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/19/2020
Condition: Skin Infection

I have the usual headache and body aches from Herxheimer Reaction. Liberal use of probiotics seems to be controlling stomach problems I usually get from antibiotics. Really knocking out the infection though.

Maryxkaxs5 | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/16/2020
Condition: Skin Infection

I was prescribed this for an infected spider bite for 7 days. The first 3 days I was fine and the wound was healing nicely. For the duration however I was nauseous, my whole body ached, I had insomnia, night sweats, excessive thirst, no appetite, no energy. I also had this chirping noise in my ears (tinnitus). What more could one ask for! My wound looks a lot better (still healing) but at such a cost.

LittleRayofSunshine | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/19/2020
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

Was prescribed this medication 2x a day for 3 days within hours of my first pills, I felt some relief. The pain at the bottom of my stomach was gone by the second day. Microbid did nothing for me after taking it seven days. I had no side effects on bactrim.

READ THIS BEFORE TAKING | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/20/2020

I am a 59 year old white male in good health. I don't smoke, I don't take any medications and I don't have any known allergies to medication (until now). I was diagnosed by my urologist to have an infection in my prostate. He prescribed S/T. I took four doses but had stop because I became very ill--fever, body aches, headache, shivering that lasted for three days. It was hell. This started on a Friday. I called my doctor on Monday. He thought it did not sound like a reaction to the drug, but some flu bug. He encouraged me to wait a couple days and try the S/T again. Stupidly, I took one more pill that Thursday. I was back in bed with the same symptoms or worse within 4 hours. Fever spiked to 101. I debated going to the emergency room, but that would have cost several thousand dollars so I toughed it out (add political commentary our health "system" here). It's now Saturday and I am slowly getting better. It's only cost me two more days of my life and two more days of misery. With these kinds of reactions out there, can't a doctor run a test to see how someone will react to a sulfa based antibiotic before they send them off to suffer? I read the list of side effects before I took the pill, but they downplayed everything as rare or extremely rare. They should add a BOLD WARNING to STOP taking the med if you develop a fever, body aches and headache within 24-hours. I feel like a guinea pig for whichever fricking pharmaceutical company put this drug on the market. And I'm a lawyer, so I am going to consider my legal options. Read More Read Less

Oregon dude. | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/28/2020
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

Doc gave it to me for prostatitis. Been on it for almost 6 weeks. I still can’t stand up to pee and can barely sit and pee. Haven’t noticed any side effects from this drug other than the fact that it’s not getting rid of what it’s supposed to. Was given Cipro at first, side effects were too bad. Then I went in to get my meds changed and this dude gave me tetracycline for 2 weeks. That stuff did not help at all. That’s when the Bactrim came in and I’ve been on it since. Ain’t none of these medications seem to help with my prostate Read More Read Less

Elly | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/25/2020
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

It’s been horrible I have outrages night terrors and horrible admen pain

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/12/2020
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

Yeah, I almost died from this (the antibiotic) as a kid. Had severe allergic reaction. So severe I now have to inform medical professionals they are not supposed to give me anything containing trimethoprim or sulfamethoxazole....Hell, I even have it on my medical tag I wear for other medical reasons. It is one of the most dangerous drugs ever made with many people who died from an allergic reaction. It's been banned in many countries. Even if I didn't have the allergic reaction I would have insisted on another treatment......Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/29/2019
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection due to E. Coli Bacteria

I was prescribed this for a UTI. It definitely took care of the UTI, but the side effects were not enjoyable! Nausea, loss of appetite, dark cloudy urine, headaches, extreme fatigue, crazy dreams. Not fun at all. Even though it cleared up the UTI I would probably ask for a different antibiotic if needed again. I was only on this medication for 3 days.