I was prescribed this medicine for a UTI. I didn't notice any symptoms until night time while I was sleeping. The first day I took it I had three nightmares in a row and I NEVER have nightmares. The second night, I believe I just had one more but I new it had to be the medicine b/c I normally have peaceful sleep.

Do not take this drug!! If you doctor prescribes this for a bacterial infection, immediately ask for something else. It can kill you! It almost killed me!!

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | Patient
4/25/2021

Last day to take this medecine and i got skin rashes all over my body..

CRICKEY | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/6/2021
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection due to E. Coli Bacteria

Hospitalized after taking this medication avail OTC to tread a UTI. An hour after taking I had debilitating aches in arms and legs, crying in pain. Second time taking it to this effect - last time the hospital said the illness was from UTI bugs in my blood - after a second round with same reaction, we now know it is the Trimethopim. Steer clear.

aynew | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/19/2020
Condition: Skin Infection

I have the usual headache and body aches from Herxheimer Reaction. Liberal use of probiotics seems to be controlling stomach problems I usually get from antibiotics. Really knocking out the infection though.

Maryxkaxs5 | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/16/2020
Condition: Skin Infection

I was prescribed this for an infected spider bite for 7 days. The first 3 days I was fine and the wound was healing nicely. For the duration however I was nauseous, my whole body ached, I had insomnia, night sweats, excessive thirst, no appetite, no energy. I also had this chirping noise in my ears (tinnitus). What more could one ask for! My wound looks a lot better (still healing) but at such a cost.

LittleRayofSunshine | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/19/2020
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

Was prescribed this medication 2x a day for 3 days within hours of my first pills, I felt some relief. The pain at the bottom of my stomach was gone by the second day. Microbid did nothing for me after taking it seven days. I had no side effects on bactrim.