I was prescribed this medicine for a UTI. I didn't notice any symptoms until night time while I was sleeping. The first day I took it I had three nightmares in a row and I NEVER have nightmares. The second night, I believe I just had one more but I new it had to be the medicine b/c I normally have peaceful sleep.

Do not take this drug!! If you doctor prescribes this for a bacterial infection, immediately ask for something else. It can kill you! It almost killed me!!

Rosemary | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/8/2021
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

I was prescribed this medication for a UTI. After taking it, I started vomiting and fainted on the floor in my vomit, I thought I had heat stoke because I had just finished cutting the grass in the front and back yard, but I found that very odd because I cut the grass in hot weather all the time several times per week because I live in Florida. I also cut it early in the morning 7:45AM the coolest part of the day. I never had any sign of anything like this before from cutting grass in warm weather. Not thinking it was the Bactrim, I took another pill for the evening dosage. The same results occurred vomiting, fainted and shaking. I have bruises my right knee and right hip from the fall when I hit the floor fainted. I was all alone in my house with no one else to help me! I just read the dark blue label and it says You should avoid prolonged excessive exposure to direct sun while taking this medicine. I was not on the medication before cutting the grass. I took it after I came in the house. This is an extremely dangerous drug. I highly DO NOT recommend it! Read More Read Less

Anonymous | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/22/2021
Condition: infection

This medicine set off my tayctacardia big time! Don’t take if you have any issues with your heart!

Maggie | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
6/19/2021
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection Prevention

My daughter was given this for a uti and she had vomiting, body aches, back pain,extreme weakness with no appetite. This was like handing my child poison to take and after talking to a nurse I work with she had to be hospitalized after 4 days of this drug. Buyer beware DO NOT TAKE THIS

AR | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/18/2021
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

I was taking Bactrim 2x a day for 5 days for a possible UTI. My condition ended up not being related to a UTI but I did want to write a positive review since the reviews tend to be more negative. I experienced absolutely no side effects from this drug. However, working in the medical field, I do notice that many patients can be allergic to this drug so I definitely say use with caution. But I personally had no issues with this medication.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | Patient
4/25/2021

Last day to take this medecine and i got skin rashes all over my body..

CRICKEY | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/6/2021
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection due to E. Coli Bacteria

Hospitalized after taking this medication avail OTC to tread a UTI. An hour after taking I had debilitating aches in arms and legs, crying in pain. Second time taking it to this effect - last time the hospital said the illness was from UTI bugs in my blood - after a second round with same reaction, we now know it is the Trimethopim. Steer clear.

aynew | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/19/2020
Condition: Skin Infection

I have the usual headache and body aches from Herxheimer Reaction. Liberal use of probiotics seems to be controlling stomach problems I usually get from antibiotics. Really knocking out the infection though.

Maryxkaxs5 | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/16/2020
Condition: Skin Infection

I was prescribed this for an infected spider bite for 7 days. The first 3 days I was fine and the wound was healing nicely. For the duration however I was nauseous, my whole body ached, I had insomnia, night sweats, excessive thirst, no appetite, no energy. I also had this chirping noise in my ears (tinnitus). What more could one ask for! My wound looks a lot better (still healing) but at such a cost.

LittleRayofSunshine | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/19/2020
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

Was prescribed this medication 2x a day for 3 days within hours of my first pills, I felt some relief. The pain at the bottom of my stomach was gone by the second day. Microbid did nothing for me after taking it seven days. I had no side effects on bactrim.

READ THIS BEFORE TAKING | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/20/2020

I am a 59 year old white male in good health. I don't smoke, I don't take any medications and I don't have any known allergies to medication (until now). I was diagnosed by my urologist to have an infection in my prostate. He prescribed S/T. I took four doses but had stop because I became very ill--fever, body aches, headache, shivering that lasted for three days. It was hell. This started on a Friday. I called my doctor on Monday. He thought it did not sound like a reaction to the drug, but some flu bug. He encouraged me to wait a couple days and try the S/T again. Stupidly, I took one more pill that Thursday. I was back in bed with the same symptoms or worse within 4 hours. Fever spiked to 101. I debated going to the emergency room, but that would have cost several thousand dollars so I toughed it out (add political commentary our health "system" here). It's now Saturday and I am slowly getting better. It's only cost me two more days of my life and two more days of misery. With these kinds of reactions out there, can't a doctor run a test to see how someone will react to a sulfa based antibiotic before they send them off to suffer? I read the list of side effects before I took the pill, but they downplayed everything as rare or extremely rare. They should add a BOLD WARNING to STOP taking the med if you develop a fever, body aches and headache within 24-hours. I feel like a guinea pig for whichever fricking pharmaceutical company put this drug on the market. And I'm a lawyer, so I am going to consider my legal options. Read More Read Less

Oregon dude. | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/28/2020
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

Doc gave it to me for prostatitis. Been on it for almost 6 weeks. I still can’t stand up to pee and can barely sit and pee. Haven’t noticed any side effects from this drug other than the fact that it’s not getting rid of what it’s supposed to. Was given Cipro at first, side effects were too bad. Then I went in to get my meds changed and this dude gave me tetracycline for 2 weeks. That stuff did not help at all. That’s when the Bactrim came in and I’ve been on it since. Ain’t none of these medications seem to help with my prostate Read More Read Less

Elly | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/25/2020
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

It’s been horrible I have outrages night terrors and horrible admen pain

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/12/2020
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

Yeah, I almost died from this (the antibiotic) as a kid. Had severe allergic reaction. So severe I now have to inform medical professionals they are not supposed to give me anything containing trimethoprim or sulfamethoxazole....Hell, I even have it on my medical tag I wear for other medical reasons. It is one of the most dangerous drugs ever made with many people who died from an allergic reaction. It's been banned in many countries. Even if I didn't have the allergic reaction I would have insisted on another treatment......Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/29/2019
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection due to E. Coli Bacteria

I was prescribed this for a UTI. It definitely took care of the UTI, but the side effects were not enjoyable! Nausea, loss of appetite, dark cloudy urine, headaches, extreme fatigue, crazy dreams. Not fun at all. Even though it cleared up the UTI I would probably ask for a different antibiotic if needed again. I was only on this medication for 3 days.

Mary | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/2/2019
Condition: Skin Infection

I was give this antibiotic for infection do to bug but that turn to staff infection but after 8 day got a bad rash all over my hands ,arms and legs . The infection still there and I feel terrible with bad headache and no energy.

Cj | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/18/2019
Condition: Middle Ear Infection

I took only I pill never had a reaction to medication before. Started with tingling in my arms and over the next couple hours I was in some of the worst pain Iâ??ve experienced. It felt like my ass and my legs were filled with liquid or something hard to describe but so painful. My vision and my thought processes were all messed up my eyes were extremely blood shot. Had a very hard time walking and even talking. The experience was at its worst probably from hours 4-12 but it took 24 hours for me to be able to really get out of bed and do normal things like eat. It was hard to put on clothes even and it felt like I had a terrible fever but my temperature was normal and my teeth chattered on and off whether I was cold or not. I was able to return to work 38 hours after I took that pill. Will never touch this stuff again as long as I live. Worst experience ever. The only positive was that I forgot all about my ear. I highly suggest anyone given a prescription for this stuff asks for something else instead. If you have to take it start out with like a quarter or half pill instead of trying a whole one. I went to the hospital they gave me Benadryl and a prescription for another antibiotic thinking it was an allergic reaction. Maybe it was. Or maybe itâ??s just a nasty drug. Read More Read Less

Susan1661 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/13/2019
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

Answer to the BIG question, when will it be over??!!! For me it was 4 weeks, the last week with just minor hip discomfort. Part of the frightening aspect of the severe reactions is wondering if your'e stuck with this pain for life. I read a lot of reviews and not one said how long it was. I don't see my review here but the issues I had included hip and low back pain and inflamation making it hard to walk and painful to sit. Also day after stopping (only 3 pills over 2 days), had nerve pain shooting up from hip, fever, stiff jaw, lung or bronchial inflammation, and more.Read More Read Less

Nightheat | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/26/2019
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection Prevention

I started taking med because of urinary tract infection (unk kidney damage) caused by heat exhaustion incidents. I now have no appetite, night sweats, and I have to drinks so much water. Good thing is my blood pressure has dropped to normal without taking meds, and I've (so far) lost more than 10 lbs in 4 days of being on it.

Bob 1962 | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/14/2019
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

Loss of appetite, diarrhea, dizziness, hot sweating, cold chills

Anonymous | 45-54 | Patient
5/16/2019
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

Got this for UTI. I felt dizzy and my vision is affected, feel as I am disengaged. It was detected when I tried to drive to work and couldn’t continue driving. Negative effect on me.