Good no real side effects that ive noticed in the last 10 years.

The first month I tried this wasn't too bad, but I was nauseated all the time and when I was hungry, I got so sick I wasn't able to eat. That one week I was off I felt a lot better. When I started the second pack, however, I spent that next day crying my eyes out for no reason (I'm not a crier). I had horrible acne still, even with diet change, and I previously had NO acne. I don't recommend this,...

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
2/2/2021
DryQueening | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/27/2018

This birth control gave me very very bad vaginal dryness after a year of taking it. I was constantly in the ER with urinary infections, yeast infections, and bacterial infections from how dry I was. Sex was painful and I was constantly raw. I was completely fine once I switched birth controls. This was hell in pill form.

BJN | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/17/2017
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I have tried 3 different BC pills over the last year in order to help reduce my heavy bleeding. Orth-tricyclen was the first. I still had heavy periods, gained weight, but did clear up acne right away. Then I tried Orthcyclen (monophasic version). I was told to skip placebos and take it straight through. I spotted the entire time- almost 3 months! Finally, my gyno switched me to Loestrin 1/20 (generic). My particular pack has no placebos, you just don't take anything for 7 days. I've only been on this a month but I did not get a period at all! I was SO excited! I had one day where I had one instance of spotting (a panty liner worked). I kept waiting for my period to come during the 7 day break, and nothing! I'm hopeful this pill will stay this way and solve my problems! Even better- it is FREE with my insurance.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/18/2016
Condition: Abnormal Bleeding from the Uterus

I have had no problems with this pill since the first month. I was very emotional that month but it improved after the first pack. I currently take 3 packs in a row followed by a 1 week break. I do not have bleeding in between periods anymore! It is wonderful. I also use it for birth control. I should note that I did extremely well on Loestrin 24 FE before it was discontinued. But I did not do well on the generic version or on the chewable.

Nattie7415 | 19-24 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/7/2016

I have been taking this pill for over 4 years and have had no problems with it at all. It makes my periods every 6-8 weeks and they last about 2 1/2 days. My cramps are very mild as well. I love this product and will not change it at all.