The first 3 months of this drug definitely helped my RLS, but created nausea and hallucinations (flowers on the curtains jumping off curtains). I stuck it out though. 5 years later I still take the same dose but no longer have side effects. Definitely worth it in the long run.

actually i am taking Sifrol , and i wish toknow the side effects of Sifrol ,and if there is a vitamin supplement i could take to rid me of this discomfort permanently

BNuckols | 55-64 | Female | Patient
2/16/2021
Condition: Extreme Discomfort in Calves when Sitting or Lying Down

Very effective for RLS with nocturnal leg cramps. If I forget or delay, it works in less than an hour. I've been on it for over 5 years. However: do not stop medication abruptly or run out! Horrible withdrawal syndrome, with palpitations, feverish, total body aches, head ache.

Moira | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/7/2020
Condition: Extreme Discomfort in Calves when Sitting or Lying Down

Happy the first 6 mos. on .125 mg daily. Then augmentation began. More and more required to stop rls problem and now, after 2 years, dose is .25mg 3 x a day, though I try to keep dosage to 2 pills a day. Also, side effects of drowsiness that can happen quickly and lower leg swelling not relieved by diuretics. Dr. Buchfuhrer has written a book about restless leg syndrome everyone with the condition would find very helpful. I have to get off this drug that not very effective for me anymore. Weight gain this past year along with fluid retention. I'm going to see a doctor about buprenorphen or pregabalin. Got to wean off pramipexole!

Faux Librarian | 65-74 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/22/2019
Condition: Extreme Discomfort in Calves when Sitting or Lying Down

I also find that medication must be taken around 6 PM to sleep at 11 PM. There are occasions it works less well. This past month twice I felt my legs had electric currents charging them. Pill shape and color recently changed. Was very small oblong lavender pill. Recent RX is white and 2.5X that size, The Pramipexole now has Dihydrochlo after it. Additionally, I have gained 10 lbs while using this medication.

Restless legs | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
7/27/2019
Condition: Extreme Discomfort in Calves when Sitting or Lying Down

This medication has been very effective at relieving my restless legs symptoms. I dont have any problems with urges or hallucinations. Helps me get a restfull nights sleep. It takes about an hour to start workig. If i go to bed before it is working my legs will twitch and jerk. It helps me to get a good 7 to 9 hors of sleep. Im very thankful for how this medication has helped my restless legs.

G-MAMA | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
7/21/2019