I have had RLS for over 40 years, and for the past 5 years have been taking Mirapex. It is without a doubt a MIRACLE drug! Over the years, I have had it adjusted up, and am now completely stable. I had tried everything. By the time I found Mirapex, my RLS had spread from my lower, to my upper legs and into my arms. I suffered terribly and could be found anytime, day or night sitting up, rocking b...

Donald | 65-74 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/16/2019
Condition: Extreme Discomfort in Calves when Sitting or Lying Down

NOTICE...HELP! I just found out today the manufacturer (Boehringer) has stopped making Mirapex, according to my Pharmacy! After suffering incredible pain and sleepless nights for years, I found a Dr. at a sleep clinic who prescribed Mirapex approx ten years ago. It is a miracle drug for my RLS. The generic never worked for me. Mirapex is the most important prescription I take for a better quality of life. I have no idea what Iâ??m going to do!

dliver316 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
1/21/2019

My mother took mirapex for several years for restless legs. It worked wonders for this. Suddenly several months ago she began getting nauseated every day. Then she began daily vomiting. It got so bad at one point she ended up in ER and was hospitalized for over a week as they tried to figure out the issue. They never did after multiple tests. She cane home and was better but still nauseated every day and wasn’t able to eat much at all. Finally we decided to take her off each of her medications for a week at a time bc we were desperate to help her. She tried stopping a couple meds one at a time but they did not help the nausea. Then she tried mirapex and after one day she began to feel better. This was the one medicine she did not want to come off bc it helped so much. But it was worth it for her bc now she feels like she can live again. I posted this because even after years of taking a medicine you can still have a problem and I hope this helps someone else.

Tracy M | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/20/2019
Condition: Extreme Discomfort in Calves when Sitting or Lying Down

I developed RLS about 6 months ago. After 4 sleepless nights in a row- I was desperate. I tried home remedies, hot baths, different sleeping positions, walking my neighbor hood in the middle of the night- nothing worked. I even tried meditation and crazy YouTube suggestions/ I called my dr and he immediately put me on this medication- I was so scared to take it- but after sleeping within an hour after my first dose, I now have no fears- just gratitude that itâ??s affordable, effective and, in my case, career saving- anyone on here reading knows the horror of multiple sleepless nights, pacing, crying and and frustration. If thatâ??s you- I urge you to give this a try- I slept 8 solid hrs my second dose. Caution!!! It makes me drowsy. As hell and it hits out of nowhere so be in for the evening when you take it ð?¤?

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/6/2018

I suffer from RLS and since I started taking this medication I’m able to sleep without having the urge to move my legs. Only downfall is that u need to take it 2-3 hours before bed and sometimes I forget and it takes a while to kick in

MAS1610 | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/25/2018
Condition: Extreme Discomfort in Calves when Sitting or Lying Down

I have only been on it for just over a week. It has really stopped the RLS, but not sure I will keep taking it. I am gaining weight like mad. Swell in the legs and feet. Sick on the stomach at times but not to the point of throwing up. Headaches at nightl