I am 26 year old woman living in California. I have been on medication for Hypothyroidism for 2 years. For the first year my doctor, as most of the doctors, put me on Synthroid. I did not like this medicine for nothing, because it's three times more expensive than Armour, I was constantly loosing hair (I was lietrally getting bold) and I was very miserable and depressed, and my face was puffy and...

Margaret | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/7/2021
Condition: Serious Decrease in Thyroid Function
Windyhair | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/4/2021
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

I had Graves disease and went into thyroid storm, the doctor at the time didn't run the necessary tests for thyroid cancer however did the TSH which was 0.005, then scheduled me for an ablation in which they did, however, they only used 9.8 millicuries of ri-131 which made my thyroid work harder and dump out even more hormones. After finding an endocrinologist she scheduled me for a second thyroid ablation 6 months later in which she used 25 millicuries of RI 131 which rendered my thyroid useless and made me hypo and treatable. I was put on synthroid however my body did not convert what was necessary and later I was placed on armor thyroid in 2011. My numbers got right and 1.25 is my sweet spot on my TSH. Armor thyroid 2 grain worked well until March 2021 when my numbers started to go up. I have not missed a dose or a day. Currently my TSH is 5.65 I noticed a while back the tablets changed with the armor thyroid, they used to be larger easier to break up and when you put them in your mouth it instantly start disintegrating, however, it's not the case anymore... so I know there was a medication change and the tablets have a harder shell. There's no reason for my TSH to shoot up as fast as it has in such a short time. The only thing I've done differently is get the Pfizer vaccination in March and then again in April. I'd like to know what is going on I've gained 35 lb since March!

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/20/2020
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

Taken this is the past and it worked, this time I started feeling better no more sweating but I noticed my body was holding water weight . My legs were blowing up my veins in my legs were balging.. my legs felt week I couldn't stand for long.. I don't know what they put in this medication but I'm done . I'm trying to find a medication thats natural as almost all gave fillers .. I'm allergic to cornstarch.. having a thyroid problem for the past 30 years has been difficult as one day you feel great than they make a change for you feel horrible.. doctors just want us to see the next doctor as they say your depressed and you have acid reflux... It's a night mare for me.. I've tried everything.. I have had compounds made and they became so expensive that I tried nature thyroid which I was sweating all the time . Anyone have advice please send it to me . [email protected] ty

phxbarb | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/24/2020
Condition: Underactive Thyroid

Myhair is thinning dramatically and I don't know if its the armour or just age. But I feel good on Armour so not willing to switch to something else. It's so hard to know what causes what.

Jbeans | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/9/2020

I’m a non converters but I have weird sticky palms on cytomel. So I always top my T4 with 1/4 grain armour. Ugh love it. Best thing for non converters.