HEP C FROM BLOOD TRANSFUSION 1971. 20 YEARS LATER I STARTED TO HAVE FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS WEEKLY. TREATMENT WAS VERY EFFECTIVE, I IT TOOK FOR ONLY 5 MONTHS AND WAS CLEAR OF VIRUS. DID HAVE SIDE EFFECTS, NAUSEA, HAIR LOSS, FATIGUE. MY WORK PLACE ALLOWED ME TO WORK WHEN I FELT LIKE IT AND I BELIEVE THIS KEPT ME STRONGER PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY. HAD A GREAT MEDICAL TEAM WORKING WITH ME ANSWERING ALL MY Q...

It was a tough year but I got through it , now 6yrs later I am told it is back what now?

egfromnyc | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/8/2020
Condition: Chronic Hepatitis C

I got Hep C through a blood transfusion in the 80â??s. I was lucky my genome type responded to this drug but it was HELL!! I had to stop working I was always sick and became very depressed. Also because of all this my partner at the time packed up

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/17/2019
Condition: A Malignant Pigmented Mole or Tumor

Dx 6/2013 of Malignant Melanoma on upper back. PICC line with IV infusions 5 days per week for one month, then 3 times per week until I needed to stop due to toxic side effects. Disequilibrium, numbness in extremities were the main reasons it was stopped early. Could not walk a straight line. Regular symptoms during treatment were fatigue, nausea, muscle aches, metallic taste in mouth, anorexia. First dose IV was the worst. Fever of 104, shaking chills, vomiting. You feel like you have the flu all of the time. On a good note I am now 5 years out and cancer free! It was a rough go. You need a good support team behind you.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/29/2015
Condition: Chronic Hepatitis C

Took this medicine back in 1991 3x a week for 6 months. Was in a study group of about 20 people. I was 1 of 2 that the medicine cured. Most could not with stand the side affects of the deration of treatment. I thought this medicine would kill me. I do have long term side affects from this medication. I went through mentapaus at the age of 30. However the long term side affects are better than the alternative. Glad progress has been made in regards to the treatment of hep c.and interferon.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/23/2014
Condition: A Malignant Pigmented Mole or Tumor

On week 3 of iv treatment for Stage 3 melanoma. Absolutely miserable. Horrific headaches and nausea. Much, much worse than the flu-like symptoms anticipated. Not sure I will finish the 4 wks of iv treatment. Now liver enzymes are out-of-whack. Trying to figure out what to do....there's gotta be a better way...

Tired One | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/20/2014
Condition: A Malignant Pigmented Mole or Tumor

ide effects are tooooo horrible. Totally exhausted = can't remember a good nights sleep. Wake up with excruciating pain in hips, legs, neck, shoulders. Ouch = just exhausted. Last night I was over the toilet 5 times but never threw up. Is there another way? Melanoma Stage III