Doctors tried many drugs to lower by BP without success. I was placed on a 2 mg dose of Cardura. After my first dose of Cardura my pressure dropped from 190/94 to 116/60. I was weak and tired for about a week then life returned to normal. The Daily 2 mg dose of Cardura maintained my BP for almost two years, pressure increased to 180/88 and again doctors attempted to lower it with many other dru...

Terrible medication for me-increased blood pressure, shortness of breath, dry mouth, headache-several more. Not good.

Nachtjager | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/10/2020
Condition: Enlarged Prostate with Urination Problems

I was on Flomax for BPH for several years, it completely killed my libido and ability, caused severe ED. Doctor switched me to Cardura. Initially 1 MG, which seemingly did nothing and I had trouble peeing. Upped dosage to 2 MG at bedtime and 1 MG at noon. Peeing is better, still not as good as it was with Flomax, and, after having been on it for about two months, I'm right back where I started - it's killed my libido and is causing serious ED. Not sure I will continue this drug, have had chronic prostatitis and BPH since age 46, am 55 now, this doesn't seem to be "the" drug to fix my problem.

PAPERBKWRITER | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/9/2019
Condition: Enlarged Prostate

It's been years since I used Cardura but with little knowledge at the time I was prescribed for BPH. I couldn't understand why I got dizzy every time I bent down but now realize my BP was extremely low. My doctor, then, ignored my concerns.

Ben | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/29/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Iâ??m 34 years old and was recently diagnosed with a high blood pressure that i was told was almost 10years okd from the tightness of my heart. I was put on 50mg Cozaar (morning and night), Lopin and Cardura. I was quick to having side effects so through an elimination process my doctor spotted the cause and it was Cardura. I had extreme dry mouth which led to oral thrusts, lower abdomenal pain and i always jumped out of bed most night due to fast heart beats. I have made a switch to an alternative medication and things are settling down. I suppose cardura isnt really for me.

Cardura | 75 or over | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years |
2/26/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I have tried many different drugs for H.B.P. at last I have found the right one.

Edwyn | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/28/2015

Take Cardura 4mg for 15yrs for BPH, seemed to work OK. After heart attack they upped my dosage to twice a day. BP all over the place, up, down all over. Found that HCTZ if taken at the right time of day (for me 7am) lowered my BP nicely BUT If I take it at the right time of day I can sleep 8-9 hours with uninterrupted bathroom trips. Did most of my urinating during the day. HCTZ was wonderful. First time in 20 yrs slept all night. Now the bad news, it interfered with my other meds so badly I had to stop it. My arthritis meds did not work with HCTZ. All though I was sleeping all night I was in pain from the Arthrutec not working on my arthritis. Then Lopressor. All over the place with the dosage and still no even BP. Calan, dropped my BP to 90/60 with a half dose for 10 days. The only thing I have found for sure is that getting the right BP meds is not so easy. Thank goodness for nitro. Six months now still looking for the right meds.